Recolouring alloy wheels

Leegaryhall

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have an Estoril blue S3 hatchback with privacy glass and black pack, unfortunately my car has the twin 5 spoke s-line alloy wheels in silver and I really want some graphite/darker wheels to complete the "black" mean look.
Can't find any standard S3 wheels for sale at reasonable prices and have also looked at aftermarket wheels.
Thought about getting my immaculate wheels sprayed? Has anyone had this done and do you reckon these sline wheels would look good darker? Not got any photoshop software so if anyone can "doctor" an Estoril blue with sline wheels........

My knowledge isn't great about painting alloys but would the polished face / diamond cut cause issues whilst spraying?

Last edited:
By spraying I mean getting the wheels professionally powder coated etc. this would probably cost upto about £80 per wheel. Just don't know if this is worth it vs paying £500 for a brand new aftermarket replica set?

Depends what you want. If you'd like a spare set of wheels to use as winters or something get the aftermarket ones. If not powder coating will be fine as long as it's done properly.

Getting alloys re-sprayed is easy peasey, as long as all the prep work is done correctly.

See some of the photos getting from silver to black

http://www.jpalloys.co.uk/refurb-gallery-01.php

I have no affiliation with JP Alloys other than I've had my Diamond Cut Alloys repaired/refurbished there in the past.

I'm quite the opposite, as I have the Polished edge/Anthracite 5-Twin Spoke 'Star' Design 19" Alloys on my S3 Saloon & absolutely hate them!

I think that the Design of the Alloy is too Delicate, almost abit Feminine & the Style of them makes them look Smaller than a 19" Wheel. Then to top it off, there in a Dark dismel Colour, making them look like you've permanently got Dirty Alloys!!

I tried to get the Audi Dealer to Exchange them for some Silver Alloys, but they said that it was'nt possible................the rest of the Spec of my S3 Saloon was absolutely perfect, so still had it anyway!

Personally I'd stick with Silver if I were you.;)