Is my Navigation Plus nav worth anything?

I personally would not spend more that £100 on them as you also need the plug and play GPS adapter and you also need a TMC module to talk to the DIS display which range between £50 - £100 with a harness

Reactions: sat1983
I personally would not spend more that £100 on them as you also need the plug and play GPS adapter and you also need a TMC module to talk to the DIS display which range between £50 - £100 with a harness

Sorry to nick the thread but I have this headunit sitting in my garage (long story short bought from a forum member a while back), also came with two boxes within a boot compartment, are these the things it needs to work and I'm presuming it needs some wire to get it all connected somehow, I thought the extra bits were for GPS or TV or something.

Without a pic I can't tell you.

The TMC unit and harness allow the DIS to work.

You also need another plug and play harness for the GPS to work and then the GPS antenna to top of it all.

Ahhhh I see what you mean now, so it'll work but won't have the DIS working. For some reason I read that as though the entire unit would be useless without it, in that case chances are they're GPS bits and bobs but I'll get a picture up at some point or search around here for some pictures to confirm what I've got, trust me to buy things and not even know what they are haha.

I fitted the RNSd into my B6, with careful purchasing you can get a fully working OEM Sat Nav for under £200.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rns-d-install.196075/

When I transplanted the whole set up into the A6 I added the TV tuner etc (£100 ish all in) so now it has all the bells and whistles. Details in my build thread.

As mentioned though, £100 is about the most you'd want to pay for the next unit on its own, as the TMC etc are getting less common these days. GPS aerial is only about a tenner.

Reactions: voorhees
Wouldn't mind keeping it if I could add digital TV! Was this hard to do?