Well, at least you know it fits! :cool:

9c7c76c479d0d549c3275377207d7a68_zps337e4565.jpg

409266f2dead8e002f5189bd860a7af5_zpsd09509f8.jpg

cb7c7f268c9ebf209a91ff5f70bb2ce6_zps596bc037.jpg

Reactions: Nilz, Il Signor Zetec, Perplexer and 2 others
is this yours jo??????
yes!!!!! thats awesome!!!!

Hmmmm I'd defo have a go at that if someone supply's me the donor car

Looks better now you've taken that hideous wrap off of it and the chav wheels.

booo i thought it was
great idea tho!
when considering
no rods needed and the power potential.

This conversion uses the original gearbox, it bolts straight up! :D

Why do I feel my phone will be ringing at some point soon " Lee I've got a plan" lol

Reactions: Nilz and jojo
you got a rod phobia bill!!!!

i thought they were good all joking aside???

Ahh this the guy that gave up with the conversion? Think this was the qpeng one. I enquired about this but wasn't worth it because it costed more for very little gain over our 1.8t. Needless to say it's a good buy to buy it in this condition and finish it off!

personally I don't see the point... A lot of hassle for not a lot of benefit

Surely you'd just be better off doing a proper stroker build?
cost.
a 20v stroker is definately a better engine.
but imagine if you just wanted a 300-350hp car, a tfsi engine isn't all that expensive, just a lot of work, better than having to open up a 1.8 and buy a hybrid etc.

tfsi market is young and stupid currently when it comes to rods.

All claiming that rods arn't needed, because the cars arn't yet old enough.

Rewind 10 years when 8L's were all fresh and low mileage, and plenty of companies like JBS and Jabba mapping cars to 350+ without rods and running OK for years.

You may get away with it on something brand new and low mileage, but it won't be long before mileage and fatigue sets in and they start to let go.

I don't doubt that the TFSI isn't stronger than the 1.8T, by all accounts the CDL lumps seem to be capable of taking all a ko4 can throw at it, but beyond that, it's unchartered territory, and I'm fairly sure I've already seen a few ko3 based ko4 conversions that have thrown rods.

Add in the sooting up / carbon issues of the TFSI, and I reckon you're better off stroking a 20v.

Reactions: <tuffty/>
cost.
a 20v stroker is definately a better engine.
but imagine if you just wanted a 300-350hp car, a tfsi engine isn't all that expensive, just a lot of work, better than having to open up a 1.8 and buy a hybrid etc.

Well if you're only looking for 300-350hp then a basic 20vt build would suffice nicely... I'd imagine there'd be a good few unexpected costs retrofitting a TFSI where it shouldnt be!

We don't want your sort round here... ;)

Reactions: Nilz, Alex C, jojo and 3 others
I'll admit, I drove my mates edition 30 the other day and loved it !

I lapped a stage 2 one twice the other day.

Sloooooooooooooow out of corners, slooooooooooooooow in the middle of them.

Reactions: superkarl
It should have been, there was clearly something wrong with it.
I drove a similar specced car today and it was under power when driving and on the dyno,for some reason yet unknown

This one was stripped out with a roll cage and bucket seats; I don't think the owner would be very happy if he saw us saying his car was slow and broken haha.

Reactions: voorhees
This one was stripped out with a roll cage and bucket seats; I don't think the owner would be very happy if he saw us saying his car was slow and broken haha.
Clutch issues probably (I know I'd use that excuse) :D

They make pretty awesome power with the right bits and a good map. Very popular here.

A healthy one you'd have no chance against unfortunately Jardo.

They make pretty awesome power with the right bits and a good map. Very popular here.

A healthy one you'd have no chance against unfortunately Jardo.

Disagree entirely.

What if the bloke didn't have full use of his hands or feet?

I lapped a stage 2 one twice the other day.

Sloooooooooooooow out of corners, slooooooooooooooow in the middle of them.

Possibly a very bad driver if you lapped him.

The golf I drove was completely standard, thought it handled well out the box.

Traction must be crap at stage 2 though !

I recall actually seeing a stage 2 golf at r tech with hand controls

tfsi market is young and stupid currently when it comes to rods.

All claiming that rods arn't needed, because the cars arn't yet old enough.

Rewind 10 years when 8L's were all fresh and low mileage, and plenty of companies like JBS and Jabba mapping cars to 350+ without rods and running OK for years.

You may get away with it on something brand new and low mileage, but it won't be long before mileage and fatigue sets in and they start to let go.

I don't doubt that the TFSI isn't stronger than the 1.8T, by all accounts the CDL lumps seem to be capable of taking all a ko4 can throw at it, but beyond that, it's unchartered territory, and I'm fairly sure I've already seen a few ko3 based ko4 conversions that have thrown rods.

Add in the sooting up / carbon issues of the TFSI, and I reckon you're better off stroking a 20v.

Firstly...great idea....I love it,but as some of you have already said,surely a stroker would fit the bill with less hassle.

I kind of see what you're all getting at re: TFSi internals,but what myself and a number of others from the TFSi side can say is that on an S3 engine that's done anywhere from 20 000 to 40 000 miles,the rods are good enough for 440lbs.

Mine ran stock internals for around 20 000 miles at 440bhp/440lbs,and when stripped down for the innards to be uprated,everything was in good shape(and no,I don't mean bent rods!).

You will find a few others(and that includes at least one well known tuning company) who are sure they're good for more,but being the first to bend a set of rods has never been my top priority.

The S3 rods are stronger than the 2.0TFSi,which may account for some K03 to K04 conversions having problems.

The sooting issues of the TFSi's(and that includes RS4s etc as well)are well known,and really are a problem.....yes,like everything else,you can get around it with either a VTA breather system and new cam cover,or that plus port injection for the power hungry,but both are costly fixes.

Reactions: S3 OKR