will a ayp engine fit

stonie110

Reaction score
I have a s3 8l 2001 with amk engine. I've been offered a ayp engine that is fully forged. I know i will have to swap over my vvt but other than that i can't seem to find any more info. I'm currently running at stage 2.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thats good then wasn't 100% as the ayp is from a ibiza and only the 150bhp model

Thats why I'm struggling to find any answers as it searches for apy and not ayp.

It'll fit fine, as standard the main problem would be the bottom end being weaker than AMK but obviously it's all forged up so nothing to worry about there. . .

Its not weaker though... uses the same 20mm pinned rods as the AMK engine... the pistons are slightly different is all and I ran Ibiza pistons in mine when it was a 1.8 on a GT30

<tuffty/>

...and based on the Facebook discussion where the OP posted the spec of this engine all they have essentially done is replaced the rods and use some new parts (as anyone would) to put an engine back together...

<tuffty/>

Its not weaker though... uses the same 20mm pinned rods as the AMK engine... the pistons are slightly different is all and I ran Ibiza pistons in mine when it was a 1.8 on a GT30

<tuffty/>

Oh right, my bad, I thought all 150 engines but the AGU had 19mm wrist pin... Just out of interest did any other 150 engines have 20mm wrist pins?