2007 Audi S3/A3 drivers side front locking mechanism/solenoid

Doogie...

Reaction score
As above, mines is shot and no longer opens the door remotely via the key so looking for a replacement.

Been on the phone to Edinburgh TPS and they want £125 ex Vat for it... which is honestly ridiculous.

Question is... Does anyone know where to get one cheaper or maybe even second hand in working order??

Don't fancy paying £125+..

Audi/tps will warranty it for 2 years, but try ebay, but of course used comes with sweet fa warranty usually, considering the importance of the part, I'd swallow the new cost tbh for peace of mind.

Right had the door card off today and tested the motor which works fine. About to test the plugs to see if power is going to them.

Right, Everything more or less works. Everything has power.

The car WILL remote lock with the key but will NOT open. To open the door I have to use the key in the door.

I've had everything off and tested cleaned and everything seems to work as is. It sounds like something is jamming or not engaging right next to the door handle itself. But there is no way to get to that bit with the door card off and I dont fancy removing the skin to get to it.

Any ideas?

Easy job to change, did mine 5 weeks ago, just make sure you get correct part number from audi.
Then find part on eBay - you'll be cover via paypal if it don't work.

There is a thread on here about it.