h.i.d foglights.....issues.b8

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
I fitted xenon hid kit in my B8 foglamps
35w Ac ballasts with warning cancellor's/capacitors

they worked fine for a month+ then passengers side foglamp stopped working,i checked it all and found warning cancellor had failed.
Fitted a newone........worked great for about 4 days,then.....the passenger foglamp has gone again.
when i try put fogs on passenger one lights/flickers for 1 second then thatss it,i think warning cancellor is shot again

Any ideas why its doing this?
or should i just get 55w hid's and install them,so dont have worry about warning cancellors?
i only use them for coming/leaving home feature

I fitted xenon hid kit in my B8 foglamps
35w Ac ballasts with warning cancellor's/capacitors

they worked fine for a month+ then passengers side foglamp stopped working,i checked it all and found warning cancellor had failed.
Fitted a newone........worked great for about 4 days,then.....the passenger foglamp has gone again.
when i try put fogs on passenger one lights/flickers for 1 second then thatss it,i think warning cancellor is shot again

Any ideas why its doing this?
or should i just get 55w hid's and install them,so dont have worry about warning cancellors?
i only use them for coming/leaving home feature

Sounds a real pain alright mate, would you not think about just getting a set of bulbs from Trups to match the LEDs if it's only coming home feature your interest in?

Reactions: RS5 JON and t8ups
i have thort of getting bulbs,but ive paid £24 for hid kit,but if i get 2 55 wat ballasts there guna cost me a tenner ,bulbs will cost alot more+i had bulbs before ,osram so called 50%more light (not) and they faild after 7 months,and that was £19 down the drain,the hid bulbs are 6 quid.

got a link to trups? are they 100% match to the oem headlamp or drl ?
il check prices.

Cheap Chinese HID kits, I wouldn't fit 55w HIDS they overdrive the bulbs and they don't last very long. Best thing to do is fit some bulbs as mentioned above.

@t8ups kit in my car. I've white plasma bulbs from him. h8 fitment for b8.5..

Reactions: Brennan, vw754 and t8ups
I have the same as above from T8ups...

Reactions: ruairi83, Brennan, vw754 and 1 other person
I've fitted Philips H11 diamond vision in mine only did if to match xenons for coming home ligting.

Reactions: ruairi83 and vw754