Downpipe + sport cat on a 2.0 tfsi

firestorm

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGE...-STEEL-3-SPORTS-CAT-EXHAUST-PIPE/231396946364

Whats the concensus on the above ?

Is it difficult to fit ? I changed the one on my S3 8L, it took me 3 weekends to get right, a right bitch to get out involving reciprocating saws, dropping of subframe and propshaft. Was worth it though, spool up and torque so much better. Also Brucie bonus of better mpg and lower egts.

Car is FWD ... so no prop this time.

That should fit no problem

Wish I could find one that cheap to fit my A3 quattro lol

Well I bought one on B.I.N., hopefully it is of sufficient quality.

That should fit no problem

Wish I could find one that cheap to fit my A3 quattro lol

Same downpipe isn't it (assuming yours is a tfsi) ? Or does the prop get i the way on the 8P ?

Yeah mine's a tfsi and have been told would need a specific quattro one

I was under the impression that S3 DP fitted my Golf, as there's loads of space around that area to accomodate the precat, but it may not work the other way round I suppose. The 3" DP I fitted to my S3 was a very tight fit, very occasionally it would touch the body.

Worth checking out though, you never know, you may get away with not paying the QUATTRO tax ;-)

None quattro downpipes won't fit a quattro car.

If your car is a front wheel drive model then it should be easy enough, assuming everything comes undone easy.

quattro models are a bit more involved, when I fitted the Milltek to mine I just took the prop off as I couldn't be ***** to fight it, then with a bit of jiggling it came out.

Ahhh so will have to pay for a specific quattro downpipe

Let us know what the build quality and fit of this downpipe is like as £90 seems very cheap! Especially with a sports cat!

£90 is the aution start price. I went for the B.I.N., but a lot less than the typical price.

Oh right, sorry I was skim reading :laugh: Even then it's still very cheap. Keep up posted :thumbs up:

Found this via a seatch; just wondered; did you buy this in the end? If so how have you found it?

Found this via a seatch; just wondered; did you buy this in the end? If so how have you found it?
interested to know too :) had parts from this seller for other cars and been a mixed bag
also not sure if cat is decent enough to pass MOT
Not looking for sound, but freeing up response and spool would be good