electric window motor stripped?

stuhow3361

Reaction score
Hi guys,washed my car this afternoon and went to drop the driver side window.It went halfway down and stopped.Turned engine off to reset but all i get is a whirring from the motor and no window movement.Have lifted the window shut by hand for now.Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Probably a goosed window regulator. £100ish from a dealer/TPS.:audibash:
I had both of my front regs go within about 3 months of each other, & replaced them with eBay jobbies (£22ish with 2yr warranty) which was approx 2 yrs ago. When I stripped the original regs out the only difference I could see was they had Audi stickers on, apart from that the replacements looked identical, but as a precaution I sprayed the cables with silicone grease. No prob so far.

Probably a goosed window regulator. £100ish from a dealer/TPS.:audibash:
I had both of my front regs go within about 3 months of each other, & replaced them with eBay jobbies (£22ish with 2yr warranty) which was approx 2 yrs ago. When I stripped the original regs out the only difference I could see was they had Audi stickers on, apart from that the replacements looked identical, but as a precaution I sprayed the cables with silicone grease. No prob so far.
my local audi dealer pretty much confirmed that it was the regulator broken.Looking at one from a breaker in Cardiff on e-bay for £28 but it is off a b6 saloon,will this fit my avant front driver side.
QUOTE="pauldazzle, post: 2315647, member: 42371"]Probably a goosed window regulator. £100ish from a dealer/TPS.:audibash:
I had both of my front regs go within about 3 months of each other, & replaced them with eBay jobbies (£22ish with 2yr warranty) which was approx 2 yrs ago. When I stripped the original regs out the only difference I could see was they had Audi stickers on, apart from that the replacements looked identical, but as a precaution I sprayed the cables with silicone grease. No prob so far.[/QUOTE]

I killed off two cheap ebay regulators fairly quickly.
Got a slightly more expensive one from eurocarparts which has been fine so far (about a year)

went for the europarts unit,with the comfort control for £47 plus vat.Will fit on weekend.Have already bought trim panel clips from main dealer cos they are bound to snap in this cold weather when removing.