2006 audi a4 2.0 tdi engine vibration.

Pete ross

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently purchased a audi a4 2.0 tdi estate in a private sale, it's seemed to drive ok on test drive but since then notice some issues which I feel could be serious. It has done 177k.

Issues I have noticed are
1.) car has poor mpg only getting 37mpg on 70mph 200 mile motorway run
2.) car has quite bad vibration from engine at between 1800 and 2000 revs little vibration before or after. The whole car shakes for this period but accelerated as I would expect after this to red line.
3.) when car started from cold cloud of blue smoke come from exhaust only lasts 30 seconds or so and no smoke when warm
4.) engine on idle seems to have a slight wobble which comes and goes.

Any help with this would be much appreciated thanks pete

I think egr clean would be a good start for you. A really good guide on how to do can be found on this forum if you need one.

I just had engine mounts and stub mounts replaced on mine which made a lot of difference to vibrations I felt in my car which I thought was a running issue, however I didn't have any of your symptoms.

Is yours a 140 or 170? What year?

If it's a 170 have you had a recall for injectors?

If it's a 170 then 40mpg is about as good as it gets really.

Another idea..

There are lots of generous people on here with diagnostic kit, if you put a call out asking for help someone may step up if your local and are willing to buy them a beer :)

Thanks for responses, I will do egr valve was told was new not that long ago but not sure the seller was that honest so will try that,

I would love to buy someone a beer for some diagnosis rather than expensive garage bill, I'm up in carlisle cumbria so not many up here I don't think.

Car is a 2006 140bhp I would of thought on a run 50 mpg would be achievable that's what I got in my golf 2.0 which I assume is almost exactly the same.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated