Stockholm - Goteborg - Oslo round robin!

Molnboman

Reaction score
Just back from a round robin tour of Goteborg to Oslo then back to Stockholm.....750 miles in 48 hours with a bit of work in between, a few snow storms, temps between -3 and +3 c and some crazy ****** lorry drivers! Those new Nokian Nordman 4 winter studded 205/55/16 tyres were faultess and the big bus didn't complain once! http://www.bythjul.com/dack/nokian/nokian_nordman4/#item=38212

I will post some pics of the state of the car after the trip.....****** discgrace! hehehe

Safe Driving,
A

Reactions: jdp1962 and JudderMan
IMG 0806
I know the bonnet is fugly but believe you me......it does the job for 4 months of the year!

Reactions: Sandra
Nice one Al, still no snow here in Scotland, I not complaining though. Hope the family all doing ok. :) x

Just back from a round robin tour of Goteborg to Oslo then back to Stockholm.....750 miles in 48 hours with a bit of work in between, a few snow storms, temps between -3 and +3 c and some crazy ****** lorry drivers! Those new Nokian Nordman 4 winter studded 205/55/16 tyres were faultess and the big bus didn't complain once! http://www.bythjul.com/dack/nokian/nokian_nordman4/#item=38212

I will post some pics of the state of the car after the trip.....****** discgrace! hehehe

Safe Driving,
A
Nice one heh..
How did you manage to put 16''s on????
tried a 17'' er a few months back and the front calipers said ''NO'' and they're stock...

Nice one heh..
How did you manage to put 16''s on????
tried a 17'' er a few months back and the front calipers said ''NO'' and they're stock...

No idea myself! They are defo 16's and I have stock discs and calipers too. There's not much room but they definitely fit front and back. Actually are you sure?....a thought 17's were standard fits on most B7's...

Cheers
A

Last edited:
No idea myself! They are defo 16's and I have stock discs and calipers too. There's not much room but they definitely fit front and back. Actually are you sure?....a thought 17's were standard fits on most B7's...

Cheers
A
Well thought that too, and yes as far as I'm aware it was a 17 incher (based on info on the tyre side wall :D) and I mean it just did go on with a bit of a push, but wouldn't turn without scraping/making contact with the calipers, at this point not even sure if the calipers are stock.They look like the same thing people advertise on ebay as S4 calipers..thou again as far as I know it's the standard thingy straight from Ingolstadt germany...
so I stand to be corrected.
regardless of my issue still successfully putting 16's on B7 is rarity if you know what i mean.

Well thought that too, and yes as far as I'm aware it was a 17 incher (based on info on the tyre side wall :D) and I mean it just did go on with a bit of a push, but wouldn't turn without scraping/making contact with the calipers, at this point not even sure if the calipers are stock.They look like the same thing people advertise on ebay as S4 calipers..thou again as far as I know it's the standard thingy straight from Ingolstadt germany...
so I stand to be corrected.
regardless of my issue still successfully putting 16's on B7 is rarity if you know what i mean.

Tom, I think there is a code on the B7 calipers and there are two different caliper brands that were fitted to the B7 if memory serves me right. Perhaps you have the S4 discs / carriers fitted which would explain it, otherwise am sure 16's would slam onto most SE's and S line B7's. I know this subject has been raised several times but as mentioned in the previous thread....am not the alone in being able to fit 16's.

Cheers
A

Nice one Al, still no snow here in Scotland, I not complaining though. Hope the family all doing ok. :) x

Hej Sandra.....yes all's well here. I was back in Borrheid last month.....we had a bit of a scare with my Mum but she is all cool now. Still very mild here and no snow predicted at all this month....even Oslo only had a slight dusting yesterday. We really have murdered the climate! I blame the RS6 owners!

BR
A

Reactions: Sandra
Hej Sandra.....yes all's well here. I was back in Borrheid last month.....we had a bit of a scare with my Mum but she is all cool now. Still very mild here and no snow predicted at all this month....even Oslo only had a slight dusting yesterday. We really have murdered the climate! I blame the RS6 owners!

BR
A

Glad you mums ok. Next time you back give me a shout. Keep smiling Al. :) x

Just back from this return trip today! First proper windy, snowy day here too. Done the whole journey in around about one tankful which is pretty good considering the crappy weather! Those Nordman 4 tyres are really good and behaved really well in all the slush and snow. Gutted when I pulled in to fill up at the gas station next to a brand new RS6 in Lava Grey!

BR
A

Reactions: scotty76 and jdp1962