S4 boost problems

JoeeS3

Reaction score
Hi there, bought an s4 b5 yesterday which has k04 turbos and k04 intercoolers and full exhaust system with 3inch downpipes.

I noticed on the way home if i planted my foot, boost would hesitate as if it cant work out whether to go! if i gradually accelerated the boost seemed to be a lot smoother. ive read a few things about the n75 valves and am looking at trying a mates working one to see if that is the problem? i also took off the wastegate vacuum pipe and it would boost to 15 psi. does this sound like a wastegate problem or n75 problem? i also had a boost spike to 24psi in 3rd gear on the way home when i put my foot down. twice when ive put my foot down with the n75 connected it has boosted to 24 psi and held it (but i let off when i realised what it was boosting at)

ive also disconnected my n75 and it boosts to about 5psi now

Cheers in advance

Joe

You should get it scanned to see if you have errors.

What wastegate vacuum pipe do you mean? Just unplug the N75 from the loom and measure the boost. K04's have a wastegate spring pressure of about 6-7psi I think. Anything more than that, one of the wastegates has failed.

Slight boost/vacuum leaks can cause odd behaviour like you are experiencing.

24psi at redline is usually too high with K04's. Think mine used to do 22psi at redline when I was running water/meth injection.

Sounds like MAF sensor fault. Disconnect the MAF and take it for a run, if it's running smoother then you need a new MAF. My S4 was doing the same 6 months ago and your symptoms sound the same.