Interior lights and steering fuse?

Have you got led bulbs fitted ? Have you tried fitting a normal bulb to check ?

Yes had LEDS, was all fine until went to fit last vanity light, it was wrong way round so went to take it out and turn around, but foolishly didn't disconnect the unit, and then it caught the edge of the metal strip and gave a slight flash. The. They either but flickered.
Now nothing..put s normal bulb back in but didn't light.
I think that fuse that went was the light switch in the centre console...it's listed as sunroof fuse. Have read if that goes then the lights don't work in the domes etc. but not sure why the vanity ones don't now :(
Plus steering heavy in comfort setting now is very odd

I had a similar problem fitting led's in my sons polo 6r it kept blowing the fuse in the end I disconnected the battery fitted all the led's replaced the fuse & no problems since. I'd also like to know where the fuse for interior lights is as I'm planning on fitting footwell lights in my Avant.

Ok hopefully that will sort it for you. Can you let me know what fuse it is & what side of the car it's on so I can tap off of it for when I do the footwell light.

What a muppet! It was number 7 in the red fuse carrier on right side of dash...20amp fuse. It was the one that blew but I put it back in the wrong slot, so the constant checking fuses and putting them back in the wrong slot clearly wasn't going to fix it...

What a muppet! It was number 7 in the red fuse carrier on right side of dash...20amp fuse. It was the one that blew but I put it back in the wrong slot, so the constant checking fuses and putting them back in the wrong slot clearly wasn't going to fix it...

Well... this is embarrassing!

Reactions: razza1
Is that the fuse for the interior lights too ?

Manual says red #5 for interior lights. About p300 or 350 I think.

Lol, yep, now where's that rock I can hide under....
On the plus side at least it wasn't an expensive fix :)

Since we seem to be doing the same things to our cars, I'll let you know when I have the same problem!!!

I think I might just try & tap into the lighting wiring when I get round to doing my footwell lights.

Just need a day off now to try & get them fitted hopefully be done this year lol

Reactions: razza1
I'm officially going to get my coat....
Clearly don't do your lights in the dark...
Had another look at the manual and referenced it back to the fuses, and in the black carrier there was a fuse no. 8 (5amp) for control unit 1 for electrical system, and id put it back in no. 9 (for adaptive cruise control...which I don't have)..what an ****...
Now that's sorted my mechs getting replaced weds and then I'm all good to go :)

Reactions: scotty76