Daytona S3

Monty07

Reaction score
Hi everyone - newby to the site and have found it very interesting/informative reading through the various threads.

After a relatively short dilema between a new Golf R, secondhand 911 or a new S3, I opted for the new S3 - there is still part of me that may regret not going for the 911 but the 3 year warranty, new tech and subtle nature of the S3 won through in the end.

The original plan was to keep it fairly basic and not be tempted by the options list - to minimise spend I decided that the panoramic sunroof, LED lights and Connect were non essential for my needs - this left everything else to ponder over.

Final spec is -
S3 Daytona Grey Sportback S-Tronic
- Advanced key
- B&O
- Adaptive lights
- Rear side air bags
- ACC
- Pre-sense basic
- Privacy glass
- Reversing camera
- Parking system plus
- Interior light pack
- Technology pack
- Super Sports Seats
- Folding, heated door mirrors

Looking forward to picking it up this Saturday having ordered it in early September. I will post some pics when it arrives.

Matt

Reactions: Dazzeroo, elpaulio, mfl and 2 others
Welcome to the Forum :)

Nice spec you've got there matey!!
As said, looking forward to the pictures

Hi & :welcome!: to ASN!

Nice spec'ed S3. Looking foreword to the pics :thumbs up:

Hi Matt, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice spec, im sure you will enjoy the new car. We all look forward to the pics. Enjoy your collection and the forum. :) x

Welcome Matt! Really nice spec and the best colour! ;)

I'm desperate for more Daytona pics, I've exhausted all of the existing ones on the forum so please post ASAP! :D

Reactions: RedTurtle and Sandra
Welcome! as above!!! I have months to wait until my Daytona rolls off the assembly line.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I did take some pictures of it unprepared in the dealers compound last Saturday when I had to sign some paper work - I was going to wait until it had been properly prepared to share some pics but here is what I have so far - will post some better ones at the weekend

IMG 0703
IMG 0702
IMG 0704

Reactions: chute1860, RedTurtle and koder
Welcome to the forum, great spec and a lovely colour. I'm looking forward to seeing some 'clean' pictures.
I'm sure you'll just love it.

With other topics in mind I would be interested to hear why you went for the S3 and not the Golf R.

Welcome and fab pics - how are you finding it so far ?

I'm back after a Guilietta and Leon FR now looking at ordering an S3 tomorrow possibly also in Daytona,

Welcome to the forum, great spec and a lovely colour. I'm looking forward to seeing some 'clean' pictures.
I'm sure you'll just love it.

With other topics in mind I would be interested to hear why you went for the S3 and not the Golf R.

I just sold my Mk V Golf R32 privately and was looking for a replacement. My original plan was to get a Golf R and it is a great car.

However I have always been a big Audi fan. I have had a Mk1 TT, A4, A6 Avant and RS6 Avant and have always liked the Audi brand. The S3 just appealed to my tastes more - fast, subtle and just a great car to be in. The Golf just doesn't have quite the same feel of quality and thats probably the main reason why the S3 came on top for me. Oh and the wife preferred it.

Reactions: Martinbanshee
Welcome and fab pics - how are you finding it so far ?

I'm back after a Guilietta and Leon FR now looking at ordering an S3 tomorrow possibly also in Daytona,

I haven't picked it up yet but I drove the Golf R and the S3 back to back and the S3 came out on top for myself and my wife. I toyed with the idea of a second hand 911 C4s PDK Gen 2 but the lure of a new car that I could spec, 3 year warranty, better tech and cheaper running costs was enough to sway it. Good luck with your decision, it's never easy as they are all good cars.

Reactions: Rob2k68
All these Daytona pics are making my trousers move...........

It's also making me wonder if I'm also choosing a "too popular" colour?

Monty, lovely car. Enjoy!

Nice colour, it was between Sepang and Daytona for me .. some days I'm happy with my choice, others I wish I'd gone Daytona as it's more under the radar ..

Reactions: mcnallys
Nice colour, it was between Sepang and Daytona for me .. some days I'm happy with my choice, others I wish I'd gone Daytona as it's more under the radar ..
I was originally going for the Sepang as my R32 was a similar colour and it does look great. However in the end I opted for the more subtle choice of Daytona.

Thanks Monty, that's good information from some one who put their money where they wanted.

Cheers, Steve

Hi Monty, and welcome to Team Daytona :)

We need to show those Sepang-ians what a proper colour is all about ;)
Thanks - last week at Bath Audi I saw a silver S3 being handed over - a very rare sight based on the various colour discussions I have read on here!

Picked the car up from Bath Audi yesterday morning. Apologies the pics are still not great as I only had my phone with me. I have managed to put 25 miles on it so far, so not much to feedback yet but from what I have experienced so far I am very pleased.

IMG 0712
IMG 0719
IMG 0721
IMG 0727
IMG 0716

Reactions: Rob2k68, pauly69 and RedTurtle
Oh myyyy! Think I'm having a gentleman's moment!

Reactions: RedTurtle
Omg it looks amazing! I can't wait until mine is ready for collection, which is ages away!

Thanks - a couple of other shots in slightly better light - you will have to excuse the water beading it had just rained.
IMG 0735
IMG 0733
IMG 0734

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Pulp84
Very nice indeed. Really nice colour!! nice spec too. Enjoy! ;-)

Great choice and love the SS seats!
Thanks - I was a big fan of them as soon as a saw them in the S3 demonstrator - in hindsight just wish I had ordered the mono pur - unfortunately I didn't realise what it was until I came on this forum and by that time it was too late to change the spec.