Lunar silver alcantara or nappa?

naughts4187

Reaction score
I've had my S3 on order since the beginning of October and I've still got to wait until BW7, I've specced nappa silver leather, however I'm seriously considering alcantara but in Lunar, not black.

Has anyone got this or is it just going to be a pig to keep clean with jeans etc?

Also how late can I change my spec on my order? Placed my order on 3rd October.
thanks

Dealer said to me when I ordered mine that you have about 2 weeks to change specs after ordering

Aren't you getting the Dark Cherry Pearl? Just my opinion, but I think the
Black would be awesome with that color! I also love the leather. :meeting::cool:

You have until your order changes code. I think it may be code 20 but you'd need to check that. I've see it listed on here. When it changes code it means the car is locked in and I believe this is usually a few weeks before your BW. I would expect you have plenty of time to. If your dealer is saying they can't its worth checking all this as they may just be playing you on as they can't be *****.

Reactions: naughts4187
I have luna silver Alcantara and it's warm non-slippy and gives the car a light airy feel. The car is now nearly 14 months old and I've done 9k in it and I haven't noticed any marks. NB I don't get in when i'm dirty and I don't wear jeans.

I have luna silver Alcantara and it's warm non-slippy and gives the car a light airy feel. The car is now nearly 14 months old and I've done 9k in it and I haven't noticed any marks. NB I don't get in when i'm dirty and I don't wear jeans.
Can I see any pictures please?? I just think that I would ruin it with dark jeans bleeding dye. I'm going to get Swissvax to do a new car protection but still won't be able to stop it all.

Aren't you getting the Dark Cherry Pearl? Just my opinion, but I think the
Black would be awesome with that color! I also love the leather. :meeting::cool:
Yeah black cherry, but I love my light interiors, my E91 and TT both had beige / cream leather and my A4 from a few years back was black, but I did find it a bit boring. I've gone for black headlining and pan roof so black could work, but just won't feel that special to me. Each to their own however!

Yeah black cherry, but I love my light interiors, my E91 and TT both had beige / cream leather and my A4 from a few years back was black, but I did find it a bit boring. I've gone for black headlining and pan roof so black could work, but just won't feel that special to me. Each to their own however!

I like dark interiors. You have to get what is right for you. Whatever it is
I am sure it will look great! :thumbs up:

Hi - I've got Lunar Silver in Nappa and ALWAYS wear jeans. Previous car had beige leather (4 years) and only a minor stain on the bolster (gave it a double clean with some off-the-shelf stuff from Halfords and looked like new) - even with jeans in the rain (though I only wear Diesel branded jeans which I think bleed very little and are very good quality)!

Yesterday whilst going round a corner, I had a Mcdonald dietcoke + black coffee in a tray (on the passenger seat) and both tipped over and dripped over the seat. Quickly stopped and gave it a wipe (with a wet wipe) and tissue and still looks like new - so there you go!

I've got Lunar Silver with Black Headlining (so it gives a nice two tone contrasted interior) + the Sunroof gives it that extra illumination.

Hi - I've got Lunar Silver in Nappa and ALWAYS wear jeans. Previous car had beige leather (4 years) and only a minor stain on the bolster (gave it a double clean with some off-the-shelf stuff from Halfords and looked like new) - even with jeans in the rain (though I only wear Diesel branded jeans which I think bleed very little and are very good quality)!

Yesterday whilst going round a corner, I had a Mcdonald dietcoke + black coffee in a tray (on the passenger seat) and both tipped over and dripped over the seat. Quickly stopped and gave it a wipe (with a wet wipe) and tissue and still looks like new - so there you go!

I've got Lunar Silver with Black Headlining (so it gives a nice two tone contrasted interior) + the Sunroof gives it that extra illumination.

Yep I was thinking about stains on alcantara would just be horrific to get out, I sometimes take the dogs in the car and they tend to jump around all the seats so maybe leather would just be a lot easier to manage.

I use raceglaze cleaner and conditioner every couple of weeks to keep my leather in tip top condition.

--------^ Dog's........ in the car!? OMG I have dumped girlfriends for wiping the fogged up window with there hands ;)

Reactions: naughts4187 and elpaulio
1czj.jpg

My Luna Silver Alcantara

--------^ Dog's........ in the car!? OMG I have dumped girlfriends for wiping the fogged up window with there hands ;)

My dog goes in the back of my car sometimes too (saloon). I use a good quality and quite discrete rear seat cover and a dog harness that clips into the seatbelt buckle so he can't jump around. He's a westie so a small dog and not much of a handful, just sits there looking out the front windscreen most of the time.
If the weathers too wet I'll just take him in the van though, I don't want a wet dog shaking in the car

Reactions: Blackwhite
I've had my S3 on order since the beginning of October and I've still got to wait until BW7,

Also how late can I change my spec on my order? Placed my order on 3rd October.
thanks

I ordered mine on the 6th Oct with options, it's now in the country built.

Build weeks don't always start in the new year with build week 1. I work for GM and before we finished for Christmas on the 12th Dec we were building week 3 cars.

Found this thread through a search. Just ordered the same interior on a Daytona grey..
How are you liking to contrasting interior ? Still not seen one in the flesh
Are you pleased with your choice?

Found this thread through a search. Just ordered the same interior on a Daytona grey..
How are you liking to contrasting interior ? Still not seen one in the flesh
Are you pleased with your choice?

Best colour choice for me. Piano black inserts with lunar and it's great! My new car arrives this weekend so will take some pics.

Brilliant , would like to see them. If you can also show how the back seats look as well.
Looking forward to seeing them.
Thks

Ohh that does look white ! I have ordered it now , so will stick with it. Hoping in the flesh it does not shout too much...
Though most who have it seem to love it.
I would have though the silver with grey plastics rather than black would look better ..Audi being a bit cheap maybe.

Did not realize the seat backs were not leather, as that the same on the "all" leather seats. Though I am 100% on Alcantara. Had it before and it feels good... just getting nervous at the whiteness of the seats .
Have been looking for it in lots of dealers but not found one yet , so will have rarity value I suppose..

Just the long wait and see if I crack. The upside I can blame the missus as she felt the all black felt like "a Coal hole" as she put it.