Diesel fumes in cab

SinghB7

Reaction score
Since I have bought my A4 2.0tdi 170 theres allways been the smell of diesel inside the cab. After 10 mins idling the exhaust chuck out whitey/blue smoke but it clears after a blast down the road. I've had the dpf removed and car mapped but still it happens.

Im not sure if its had a injector recall so im going to phone audi later and see.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes I've got that as well with my avant 170, there's a thread further down the list. Could possibly be cam timing out by a few degrees as suggested by various people.
Have you got access to vcds ?
Is so, post up your torsion value from group 4 measuring blocks, it should be 0 deg +/- 1deg approx.
Mines +3.72, I'll have to get round to tweaking the cam timing to see what happens.
Keep us posted on any outcome, there's more than a few people with this issue !

Wasn't there someone recently who was complaining about this and it turned out his car had suffered a rear end shunt and been less than wonderfully repaired? Anyway, mention was made of the automatic pressure valves in the rear of the car being a possible culprit and he discovered they either weren't working properly, or were missing. I don't recall him ever coming back to tell us the final outcome / fix / whatever tho.

Essentially, exhaust fumes were being drawn back into the car as the valves weren't closing. I appreciate this may of course be a different smell from the smell of fuel itself.

Just a thought? Mike