revo throttle pipe?

cam87

Reaction score
Hi guys ive been looking into getting the revo throttle pipe and have found a couple of companies such as neuspeed and bsh that do them also. My question is has anyone used them and found that it reduces lag by a noticeable amount? Im on stage 2+ and have only the intercooler and this left to buy and won't be going any further than that. I don't have the funds for the cooler now and as its winter i may as well save until summer and get this in the meantime.
I have read a few reviews on an Australian board but wanted to hear from you guys?

http://shop.lvsracing.co.uk/revo-tfsi-throttle-pipe-20-mk5mk6-2349-p.asp

Thanks

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it reduces lag by much (I've got the BSH version) but in any case lag isn't really an issue on the K04.

The real benefit is that it's plumbed for WMI and less restrictive than the plastic stock pipe.

I wouldn't say it reduces lag by much (I've got the BSH version) but in any case lag isn't really an issue on the K04.

The real benefit is that it's plumbed for WMI and less restrictive than the plastic stock pipe.

Thanks for the reply, i understand the WMI point of it but with it being less restrictive what benefit will it have on a none WMI car?

Is it worth me getting it really?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, i understand the WMI point of it but with it being less restrictive what benefit will it have on a none WMI car?

Is it worth me getting it really?

On a remapped car it may be worthwhile and may release a few more horses through being less restrictive but I couldn't back that up.

On mine we needed it for both WMI and flow.

On a remapped car it may be worthwhile and may release a few more horses through being less restrictive but I couldn't back that up.

Do you happen to know if the pipe provides a take off point for connecting a boost gauge, Alex?

Do you happen to know if the pipe provides a take off point for connecting a boost gauge, Alex?

It doesn't,but in any case,being below the TB,it may give incorrect readings.

Forge make an adaptor to fit above the TB for this.

I've ordered the CTS pipes the discharge pipe from the turbo and and throttle pipe.
Revo do a boost tap adaptor that fits on the inlet manifold.

This is what it looks like fitted.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will wait and save for the intercooler and do them at the same time.

Reactions: S3Alex