S3 Winter tires

garethld

Reaction score
I'm gonna guess this post has multiple duplicates but i couldnt find what i was looking for....

I've got a 1yr old S3 with the 18" 8J star design wheels. want to get a set of winter tires for them. what specification do i need? what's the code that the folks at the tire place will need? any recommendations?

if you open the drivers door where the tyre pressure label is located, it also lists the recommended winter tyres sizes.

I'm gonna guess this post has multiple duplicates but i couldnt find what i was looking for....

I've got a 1yr old S3 with the 18" 8J star design wheels. want to get a set of winter tires for them. what specification do i need? what's the code that the folks at the tire place will need? any recommendations?

There will be number on your current tyres 225/40/R18 or something like that. There will also be a load and speed rating. My wife's winter tyres are 91H, but her A3 has 16 inch alloys. It is unlikely that winter tyres will be available with the same speed rating as your summer tyres. I did notice that our A3 door sticker had a higher load and speed rating for R17 tyres. Maybe your door sticker will have a recommendation for R18's.

This website is worth a look... http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

If you are just getting tyres then I highly recommend getting a set of tyre storage bags. I know the genuine VW ones we have only cost £25 per set of 4. They have handles and keep you and the car clean when taking them to the depot.