k04 hybrid questions

daz-20vt

Reaction score
ok guys
whos running a k418b or k148t?
any reviews on them?
im having pretty much all stage 2 hardware fitted over xmas inc downpipe and manifold so this would be a perfect time to consider a hybrid

i have rods and believe i need injectors, fuel pump and engine mounts.
anything else as i dont want to get caught out with things mounting up?

had an oem clutch fitted last year so under 2k on it
will it cope?

im trying to decide whether i go stage 2 for a year or just bite the bullet now and need to sort a total price.

any advice will be great as im the most useless indecisive person on the forum and im doing my own head in!!!
please help!!!
daz

Reactions: Alex C
Buy the biggest one.
Buy injectors and fuel pump
Get them fitted
Visit Bill or Nicki or whoever
Laugh and smile for weeks and weeks on end

Its a very easy decision

hahahaa
thanks for the reply karl
im a tit bit at least i know it!!!
the list of mods for me at the mo is endless so im being over conservative

so is the k418t going to be much better than stage 2?
ill be going stage 2 with wmi or hybrid without for the time being

im not familiar with different models dan offers so cant comment specifically.
If you're going to the trouble of fitting downpipe and manifold you really need to make the decision of hybrid or not as that is the ideal time to make any upgrade.

Ultimately it comes down to cost, if you can afford to hybrid it then why wouldn't you want the more capable turbo. Your current turbo that is used and Xmiles old might not respond well to stage 2 or indeed last all that long. Starting with a solid and fresh base is always the better move, regardless of how you define 'better'.

If you can afford it and have to mods fit the 418t.

418b only came about as someone wanted a 300bhp unit that wasn't a stock unit and not a full hybrid .. it works well at 300bhp but so does the 418t. But you pay extra for the luxury..

They are basically identical just different compressors.

im not familiar with different models dan offers so cant comment specifically.
If you're going to the trouble of fitting downpipe and manifold you really need to make the decision of hybrid or not as that is the ideal time to make any upgrade.

Ultimately it comes down to cost, if you can afford to hybrid it then why wouldn't you want the more capable turbo. Your current turbo that is used and Xmiles old might not respond well to stage 2 or indeed last all that long. Starting with a solid and fresh base is always the better move, regardless of how you define 'better'.

well i had my turbo rebuilt this time last year along with a new clutch a few months before that.
and these are a couple of reasons im stalling

and like u say now is the perfect time to do this
ive been ripped off far too many times with this car and im pretty paranoid about spending money on the thing truth be told.

having said that id rather go hybrid and be happy over going from my stage 1 to stage 2 and not being over impressed

If you can afford it and have to mods fit the 418t.

418b only came about as someone wanted a 300bhp unit that wasn't a stock unit and not a full hybrid .. it works well at 300bhp but so does the 418t. But you pay extra for the luxury..

They are basically identical just different compressors.

ok so from the horses mouth i may aswell go for the better one if any hybrid at all
thanks for the reply dan

im guessing youve been in a few of these?

what i hate most about my set up is the immidiate shove over power then dead as a dodo after 5k
will the hybrid be better up to?

thanks again guys i do appriciate it

hybrid "can" make power, BUT, its supporting mods will either support this or hinder it... The turbo wont be the problem child if you went for the high spec BBT for example.
DynoIT%20-%20J50ANB-372bhp.jpg

An example of best K04 hybrid results I got (excluding the mutant one off run on stroker LCR at 2bar....LOL )
The lupo is as you would expect from someone who builds BT 1.8t cars for a living, has a host of complementary mods which allow the turbo to stretch its legs and make exceptional, reliable car. Daily driver car. K04 hybrid'd Xmas last year. Zero issues.