Audi A4 B6 2.0 FSI- Dreaded lumpy idle / misfire

Paul Waterfall

Reaction score
Hi, this my first post, just been told knock sensor is faulty causing a lumpy idle. Audi quoted £636 for the knock sensor. The sensor is directly connected to a module, not sure if this true, as I`ve looked on several web sites and just the sensor with a connector on opposite end is available for about £10 to £35. Even my local motor factors list just the lead with sensor. Can anyone shed some light on this for me , thanks for reading my post.

Paul

Hi Paul, welcome to audi-sport.net. I will move your post to the b6 section and sure the boys will be able to help you. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi, this my first post, just been told knock sensor is faulty causing a lumpy idle. Audi quoted £636 for the knock sensor. The sensor is directly connected to a module, not sure if this true, as I`ve looked on several web sites and just the sensor with a connector on opposite end is available for about £10 to £35. Even my local motor factors list just the lead with sensor. Can anyone shed some light on this for me , thanks for reading my post.

Paul
Just found its the nox not knock. Misunderstood over the phone with garage.