1st Official 8V RS3 shots

Agree, its very marmite.

Don't know why I love it so, but guess its a halo effect from the RS6 which looks pretty special in Nardo ;)

Reactions: veeeight
I think Natdo is one of those colors you either love or dislike it. No in between.
I love it!

Mini do a very similar shade, Moonwalk Grey. For some reason, I prefer that shade. :uhm:

Fiat do campovolo grey on the Abarth 500's which is rather nice :thumbs up:

03c03_Abarth_Damisch_1.jpg

Reactions: veeeight
I reckon Mini must have stolen the idea from the Fiat 500 !

Mini Moonwalk Grey

s919SoD.jpg

Nooooooooo, it looks like a primer, albeit an expensive one.........

evening all, Just back from dealers (good friend of mine), they have 3 orders in for RS3 - all Nardo. He was over in London at some audi day, he showed me pics of Nardo grey RS3 with black pack, et al - amazing!!!

Right bad news - RS3 with any decent spec, seats, sound, etc.....over 50k. and very little discount, a matter of pounds. My S3 saloon has a lot of spec and was a fair bit cheaper, in fact would have bought you nice fiat 500 abarth as a run around. too much in my mind, 60 bhp more and more aggressive. If I was spending 50k - dare I say it, M4 Demo - loads about......

Other car is a pretty quick wee Z4, so have a soft spot for bemmers.

Reactions: P D C
evening all, Just back from dealers (good friend of mine), they have 3 orders in for RS3 - all Nardo. He was over in London at some audi day, he showed me pics of Nardo grey RS3 with black pack, et al - amazing!!!

Right bad news - RS3 with any decent spec, seats, sound, etc.....over 50k. and very little discount, a matter of pounds. My S3 saloon has a lot of spec and was a fair bit cheaper, in fact would have bought you nice fiat 500 abarth as a run around. too much in my mind, 60 bhp more and more aggressive. If I was spending 50k - dare I say it, M4 Demo - loads about......

Not wanting to get on the Audi Bashing Band Wagon, or is that the RS3 Bashing Band Wagon. I would rather any day of the week, the S3 and if I was going to spend that much, I would have the RS4. Full Stop!

I can see a 'decent spec' being £50K..with ALL the toys - maybe, but that's £10K on the list price, which buys an awful lot of toys. MMI High, and a couple of packs etc, on the current configuration will add £4K-£5 tops. I know - I added a lot to my S3. Wheels, seats, special paint, ceramic breaks, as a fully load options pack maybe will push £10K.

I'm planing on an RS3 with same toys I have on my S3 - easy to price that up, as they are all standard A3/S3 extras.

Will the RS3 extras be priced the same as the S3 extras?
I can't see why they won't be if they are common to the 8V. I expect it is all the goodies, like colour coded air vents that will be 'exclusive' and cost £££££

Reactions: The Challinor
Definitely wouldn't have the RS3. Either keep your fingers crossed that the Club Sport goes into production or wait hopefully for two years for the new RS4 B9 I have already registered interest with my dealer and they will keep me posted.

My dealer is telling me the new S4 will be worth a sniff. Apparently it's keeping its 6 banger.....

Few reasons I'm still not convinced about the RS3:-

- Doesn't look special enough
- I'm not convinced the performance is enough over the S3 for the extra premium
- That front blade ruins it for me. Has to be colour coded with black pack for me to even consider it
- Facelift is due in18 months. Audi seem to be offering better spec on facelifts (Q3, A6 and A1 good examples). Think the spec is pretty woeful for £40k.

Be interesting if when I see one in the flesh if I will still feel the same...

Reactions: Louay and The Challinor
Few reasons I'm still not convinced about the RS3:-

- Doesn't look special enough
- I'm not convinced the performance is enough over the S3 for the extra premium
- That front blade ruins it for me. Has to be colour coded with black pack for me to even consider it
- Facelift is due in18 months. Audi seem to be offering better spec on facelifts (Q3, A6 and A1 good examples). Think the spec is pretty woeful for £40k.

Be interesting if when I see one in the flesh if I will still feel the same...

I'm of the same opinion + Sportback only.

Nice little video of the RS3 in Nardo grey here. I have much love for the Rotors!

Reactions: Scotty2011
Looks ok, dont like quattro badge on front grill, quite like the (all metal) rotors, not keen on the others, just not quick enough for me 0-60 for that amount of money, plus looks like no sunroof option again.

Sure there is something else more interesting around for less money.

Bored of waiting for the UK details / full prices now.

It's overdue to be added to the Configurator and have the brochure launch.

Reactions: RYuill and ACWKGYTO
Bored of waiting for the UK details / full prices now.

It's overdue to be added to the Configurator and have the brochure launch.

Its boring drip fed marketing and a complete turn off in my opinion...why dont they listen to the enthusiasts who are buying these cars and ask them exactly what they want.
Involve the people who are buying them in the process, its not that difficult really.

Not as bad as the marketing campaigns for the new Honda Civic Type R....:tumble:

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneDude, P D C, Brasso and 1 other person
I was thinking of getting the RS3 after mine was 18 months old (later this year). But all this faffing has made me look at two other options - namely the Macan S and the Focus RS.

Odd choices I grant you but the Porsche sales experience is something else in my opinion and the high GFV of the Macan does make it very reasonable to finance. I drove one a few weeks ago and I was highly impressed.

In contrast I'm think the Focus RS is going to be epic. A lot to think about over the next 12 months.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Last edited:
You have to get the £705 drivers assistance package to get ACC according to the brochure!!

Not impressed with lack of options for alloys.. 40-50k car and all you get are a slightly redesigned rotor?!.. although saying that i like the look of the nardo one down on the options page...with a set of new alloys it would be really pretty. ;')

Reactions: RYuill and Pulp84
:wtf:Dynamic package plus £1000 more than the dynamic package just to have the speed restriction removed.

I'm at £45k easily including dynamic pack, tech pack, comfort/sound pack, mono.pur (of course), HHA, high beam assist, alu interior trim, folding mirrors, privacy glass and super sports seats.

Add on the black pack with the Nardo and that's going to look super sexy! Just HATE the wheels!

Last edited:
I don't think ACC is an option on it, just talks about CC under the relevant section.

Combine that with the nasty wheels and think I'll stick with S3.

You have to get the £705 drivers assistance package to get ACC according to the brochure!!

I think that's a mistake - could be wrong but I suspect ACC is not an option due to new grill design.