Anyone heard of Terraclean?

AndyW!

Reaction score
Hi all,

A mate of mine told me about a company called Terraclean who offer a fuel system clean out for what seems to be a reasonable price.

Basically, i think its similar to using an injector cleaner additive, but instead of this, they disconnect your fuel supply and run it on some cleaner mixed with fuel for about 45 mins and it cleans Injectors and any other carbon deposits right through to exhaust 'apparently'.

reading reviews, the overall reaction is that people are pleased with the results and note that there is an improved engine note/idle and even some quite considerable extra MPG's.

Im curious as to whether anyone on here has used this system on their Audi and whether or not they would recommend it.

Their price varies but i think for 2-3 litre engines it is around £150ish (dont quote me on that)

Hi,

got my 2006 3.0 TDI Quattro Terracleaned about 3 months ago (Dec 2014) for a cost of £120 which is about the going rate when I looked into getting it done. I tracked down a local mobile service and they did it when I was at work so it saved a lot of hassle taking it to a garage. They run the chemical/fuel mixture through the car for an hour and it allegedly cleans every part of the engine that the fuel and fuel exhaust mixture comes into contact with from the fuel lines through to the cat and everything in between. I bought my A6 in Dec 2013 and I used it daily for both short and long journeys so I had a pretty good idea of how the car performed (power and economy) before I decided to go for the Terraclean.

In brief, I noticed an instantaneous improvement, the engine felt a lot smoother and more responsive. I recently drove from from Newcastle to Fife and back (about 260 mile round trip), I averaged 42.7mpg going there and 43.4mpg on my way back. I believe the cars handbook says 44mpg and it's not often you get even close to the claimed mpg. So based on my own personal experience I would definitely recommend getting it done. The Terraclean service is available for both petrol and diesels and I believe it costs about £90 if you have a smaller engine. There's also a few videos on youtube explaining the process. It definitely gets a thumbs up from me. Even after 3 months the car still feels like it was Terracleaned yesterday.

Attachments

• $_57 (1).jpg
    $_57 (1).jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: Gez77