Text message dictation

Vertigo1

Reaction score
So I noticed the option for text message dictation in phone settings but, when I try to activate it or obtain a licence, it says it was unable to do so and to contact my dealer.

Should this work? Has anyone else here got it working?

Computer says no.

Search the forum for "dictat* iphone"

(Incomplete bluetooth implementation by Apple)

Fair enough, can't say I'm that bothered, just wondered if it should be working is all :)

I find the ability to read text messages quite handy but, if I need to respond I'll usually just call back. Not about to ditch my iPhone just to get it working lol :)

I find the ability to read text messages quite handy but, if I need to respond I'll usually just call back. Not about to ditch my iPhone just to get it working lol :)

I have an iPhone too so does the txt message

Come through fine via the mmi ok correct me if I'm wrong it's just the reply to s txt where the issue is

Thanks

Yeah reading messages works fine with the iPhone it's obviously just dictating them that doesn't.

When the time comes, remember that, after pairing your iPhone, you'll need to go into the device settings in the Bluetooth menu on the phone and enable the Show Notification setting, then go into the device settings on the MMI and enable Messages before it will work. Just thought I'd mention otherwise you'll be posting in January that your messages aren't showing up :)

Is the message dictate and read out loud for Tech Pack MMI only?

Read out loud = MMI high & MMI high with connect, iPhone and Android

Dictate = MMI high with connect, Android only

Or just press the voice command button on the steering wheel, and say "read new messages"

I have the same licence issue with a Galaxy S5 with my new Audi A6 (with tech pack). I thought the Galaxy S5 would have the RSAP profile? I can view/compose texts using MMI touch without a problem.

RSAP doesn't have much to do with text message dictation. It should work though.

I presume this will be enabled in 2015 for people who spec CarPlay

Dictating messages over bluetooth? It's already enabled... if you are asking whether CarPlay will have similar functionality, well that's up to Apple, and nothing really to do with Audi.

That's Apple's own implementation. Presumably you can do that already, you don't need car play to activate Siri.