S3 Dump Valve

Sammy_S3

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum so if this is a repeat question i do apologize.

I have a 2010 S3 and i'm looking for a dump valve, the car is totally OEM. I was looking at Forge as I got told they are the best. what would you guys recommend and if you have any videos of your dump valve to let me hear that would be great!

Thanks!

What you want isn't a dump valve.

The car's induction system measures air mass,and a dump valve loses part of that air mass on throttle closure.
The system uses a diverter valve,which routes air on throttle closure,back into the inlet,after the MAF,and the best ones currently are the GFB DV+ or the current OEM diverters.

I've got one of the original Forge DVs on my car,and yes,it is reliable,and very well made,but there are newer,cheaper,and possibly better(the DV+) alternatives.

If it's simply a noise you want,then Forge do make a spacer for their valve which makes a bit of a noise,but adds no performance,and it isn't something I'd use.

If you're just looking a "dump valve" noise, fit a proper induction kit.

With my Neuspeed intake you can really hear the diverter valve working. However the best one for performance is apparently the Revo version :)

I had a Revo CAI fitted a few weeks back and the induction noise is definitely more pronounced. An intake is more expensive than just a dump valve, but it keeps things working the way they should, or better in terms of performance, and gets you the noise. It's a no-brainer really.

Reactions: Dean_T and S3Alex
Hi, I'm new to the forum so if this is a repeat question i do apologize.

I have a 2010 S3 and i'm looking for a dump valve, the car is totally OEM. I was looking at Forge as I got told they are the best. what would you guys recommend and if you have any videos of your dump valve to let me hear that would be great!

Thanks!

Forge have just released a high flow DV for this engine. I have it on my car and it sounds epic. £220 including Vat

I wouldn't bother at all with a "dump valve" the engines don't like them.

If it's the noise your after your better having a standard replacement diverter valve but run a open cone induction kit and that will gibe you a whooosh / tissshh noise upon gearchange

Thanks for the link.

I thought the dump valve gave the woosh noise to be honest. I was into my vtec engines for a long time so im new to the 8p turbo engine just thought i would let you guys know so i dont sound stupid lol.

Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah dump valves do give the noise but the TFSI engines have a diverter/ recirculation valve which rather than letting boost exit on letting off the throttle like a dump valve it recuculates back into the inlet.

If the noise is a must there is a spacer to give the noise but it makes your car sound like a lorry air brake were a intake will give it noise but not massivr

I wouldn't bother at all with a "dump valve" the engines don't like them.

If it's the noise your after your better having a standard replacement diverter valve but run a open cone induction kit and that will gibe you a whooosh / tissshh noise upon gearchange

If forge make it then it's quality. Plus you can recirc with it

Thanks for the link.

I thought the dump valve gave the woosh noise to be honest. I was into my vtec engines for a long time so im new to the 8p turbo engine just thought i would let you guys know so i dont sound stupid lol.

Different engines,different methods.

I learnt a LOT when I came here after Cosworth engined cars.

Just get a revision G diverter valve, will save you about £150 or so over the forge.

Seeing that forge valve reminds me A LOT of the BOV they released for the 1.8T, which wasn't very good.