Stage 2+ here i come :D

I imagine the Stage 2+ testing is happening like so:

Speed-Face-42720577993.jpeg

Reactions: S3DUST, Compkiler and grchmason
Will do a full report later but it's a animal! You know it's quick when a SLK 55 AMG tries to barge you out the way and you put several car lengths on lol...
Still feel bad about the gopro :-(

Reactions: grchmason and Granta
Don't worry mate..

Not so much it didn't survive as we have no idea where it went.

On a similar note reward offered for Go Pro in Shoreham area!

Reactions: S3DUST
Weird.... S3DUST, your profile pic on my iPhone is showing my car lol???
And mines now showing some yellow smiley face?? Lol

Stage 2+ does transform them!!

I can't wait to get a Stage2+ equivalent on my beastie! Been waiting for HPFP to be sent from LOBA - can't get here fast enough! :D

Weird.... S3DUST, your profile pic on my iPhone is showing my car lol???
And mines now showing some yellow smiley face?? Lol
That's strange mine is right? It's my brake disk on the type r glowing blue lol

Ok so yesterday afternoon I ended up doing 300 miles to Leicester and back lol.

The car now is an Animal! It has some serious grunt.

Pull at motorway speeds are ridiculous.

From a standing start it's aggressive, the fronts actually scrabble for grip slightly and out of a bend it will waggle the rear end nicely now, it just pulls and pulls. My brother had a go on it and at first he thought it was very short geared but a look at the speedo shows that no it has just ripped through gears! It really is a serious piece of kit now, it wasn't slow at Stage 1 and the guys at Vwheritage said it went very well on that map, but now it's a beast, you get the same kind of acceleration at 3000rpm that you got at 5000rpm at stage 1! It's hard to tell about peak power as the first 3 gears are just gone in a few seconds each and higher gears just put on silly speeds very fast! Even in 6th the speedo just marches around and you have put on another 20mph in a matter of seconds.

Even after all the messing around yesterday it still averaged 27.3mpg and this lead me to think you really do struggle to come up will a more rounded package than the S3 it's got economy you can live with and now performance that could easily catch a supermarket unawares and over a well known B road it would disappear into the distance! All this why listening to my favorite music on my heated seats in complete comfort! I honestly can't think of a better motor that ticks so many boxes? Maybe the 8v chassis or golf R but essentially there all the same car.....

As always a huge shout out to the guys at Vwheritage (Chris and Ben) the customer service from Chris is second to none from ordering alot of parts a few weeks ago to setting up the car he has been outstanding! Spending a huge amount of time with me making sure everything is just right. He is a petrol head through and through and it makes for such a great experience when spending the money we all spend on these things and getting to do that with someone with the same interests,enthusiasm and attention to detail just makes it all the more enjoyable!

It was a real shame about the gopro and I'm gutted for 2 reasons 1 that an expensive camera has disappeared and 2 that my awesome Powervalve footage is lost too :-(

It's a shame that Chris and I faces weren't caught on camera when we walked around the back of the to remove the camera and it wasn't there! :-o

So there you go for me engine performance wise the car is complete! In real world performance it's really hard to beat! Might have a play with the chassis in a few months time but for now no more spending lol

Reactions: Compkiler, grchmason, leshkin and 1 other person
Glad you're enjoying it,and sorry about the GoPro.

Stg2+ really does make the car into what it should have been.

Glad you're enjoying it,and sorry about the GoPro.

Stg2+ really does make the car into what it should have been.
Absolutely! If Audi built it like that everyone would be driving an S3!

Absolutely! If Audi built it like that everyone would be driving an S3!

Thats a fact.

It's all just branding and non-competition with other parts of the group that holds some cars back.

But...it gives us something to do to the cars.

Thats a fact.

It's all just branding and non-competition with other parts of the group that holds some cars back.

But...it gives us something to do to the cars.
Yep if they came out the factory like this just think of the tuning potential lol

Glad you're happy with it and already putting it to good use.. What happened to keeping the mileage down?!

You definitely made the right choice by going from stage 1 - 2+ as I personally don't think stage 2 does these justice.

It's having the power all the time that is the most noticeable, seems that whatever gear you're in its available. Not too bad for a 'non custom map' either

Always happy to help and you know where we are if you have any issues or when you need a map for the big turbo you've fitted!

Reactions: S3Alex and S3DUST
Glad you're happy with it and already putting it to good use.. What happened to keeping the mileage down?!

You definitely made the right choice by going from stage 1 - 2+ as I personally don't think stage 2 does these justice.

It's having the power all the time that is the most noticeable, seems that whatever gear you're in its available. Not too bad for a 'non custom map' either

Always happy to help and you know where we are if you have any issues or when you need a map for the big turbo you've fitted!
Don't mention big turbos to the wife, I'm on thin ice as it is!

My mate will be giving you a call later with the caddy! He had a go in it last night and was blown away!

Don't mention big turbos to the wife, I'm on thin ice as it is!

My mate will be giving you a call later with the caddy! He had a go in it last night and was blown away!

I'm off today mate, I'm supposedly a year older than I was yesterday but text me over the details and I'll look into it and sort something for Monday. Just make sure he knows the caddy won't go quite as well! :undwech:

I'm off today mate, I'm supposedly a year older than I was yesterday but text me over the details and I'll look into it and sort something for Monday. Just make sure he knows the caddy won't go quite as well! :undwech:
Lol! Happy birthday mate ;-) and I'll take a look at those links you sent me later was too busy burning a holding the ozone layer last night lol!

I agree...Stg2 is kind of a halfway step and doesn't offer a lot over Stg1.

2+ (or Stg3 in Sharkspeak) is the best bang for your buck without all the work for a big turbo.

Lol! Happy birthday mate ;-) and I'll take a look at those links you sent me later was too busy burning a holding the ozone layer last night lol!

Cheers mate! That's why today wasn't really an option..

I don't blame you, that's far more fun than looking at brakes. On the plus side if you didn't like your current braking setup at least they won't be around for too long.

Sounds awesome dude! I wish I had the money to go straight from standard to Stage 2+ in mine!

Excellent news mate! Welcome to the Revo Stage 2+ Gang lol!!!

Sorry to hear about the GoPro I am just looking at them now why you think it come off! Faulty suction cup or Heard some people having problems if not clean first where its being mounted.

Reactions: Compkiler and S3DUST
Sounds awesome dude! I wish I had the money to go straight from standard to Stage 2+ in mine!
I wonder if anyone has ever done that? The difference would almost be funny!

Reactions: Compkiler
Excellent news mate! Welcome to the Revo Stage 2+ Gang lol!!!

Sorry to hear about the GoPro I am just looking at them now why you think it come off! Faulty suction cup or Heard some people having problems if not clean first where its being mounted.
Loving it mate, and with the gopro let's just say I'm glad it wasn't me that stuck it on! Lessons for next time a fail safe piece bit of string is required!

Proud Husband moment! Wife calls and says this car is driving really nice now have you done something to the tires? It seems to handle better :-D good girl! Yes had a 4 wheel alignment done yesterday ;-)

Reactions: leshkin, Sayam and S3Alex
Haha! Anyway nice write up :)
Stage 2+ S3s are Definately a fast toy that other more exotic car drivers get shocked over when they can't catch you lol!

Proud Husband moment! Wife calls and says this car is driving really nice now have you done something to the tires? It seems to handle better :-D good girl! Yes had a 4 wheel alignment done yesterday ;-)
Yes, pumped the tyres up a bit

Haha! Anyway nice write up :)
Stage 2+ S3s are Definately a fast toy that other more exotic car drivers get shocked over when they can't catch you lol!
Yeh whatever has a go better be in the right gear! As a 335i driver found out last night! They are a real sleeper, I have considered getting a tdi badge for the back lol!

Reactions: Compkiler
No idea mate, I would say 360+ it put a good few lengths on a very disgruntled SLK 55 AMG and there stats are: Max power355bhp @ 5750rpmMax torque376lb ft @ 4000rpm0-604.9sec (claimed)Top speed155mph (limited)On saleJanuary 2005

It will be on the rollers in April though at our AMD day :-D

Nice! I'm really looking forward to that. We can hopefuly compare results :) My Unicorn Stg2+ equivalent should be ready by then :)

Nice! I'm really looking forward ot that. We can hopefuly compare results :) My Unicorn Stg2+ equivalent should be ready by then :)
Yeh that will be interesting mate :-D you will love it! Instant response any gear any revs! They are a weapon :-D

Reactions: leshkin
Be good to meet everyone and put a name to people's faces on here at the AMD event :)
Looking forward to see how much mines pushing out and to compare our cars S3DUST hehe

Reactions: S3DUST and S3Alex
Be good to meet everyone and put a name to people's faces on here at the AMD event :)
Looking forward to see how much mines pushing out and to compare our cars S3DUST hehe

Another good chance for a meet and a bite to eat.

Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Compkiler and S3DUST
Yes mate I'm really looking forward to it :-D can't wait. You know that rolling road day will cause much heartache and discussion though don't you.... I must be down on power because it's not a full moon and the Audi gods are mad at me! I must make a sacrifice immediately via my credit card and power will be returned! Yeh but mate your car is an Animal on the road... Yes but the rollers say I'm 1 million bhp down they must be right... :p lol let the debates begin!

Really looking forward to putting faces to names and hoping to see and hear some monster v8 and V10 if some of the RS4 and 6s show up :-D

Haha, knowing my luck I'll be leaving there on a flatbed! Looking forward to meeting likeminded people and their cars.

Hehe I know exactly what Ya mean lol...
I keep wondering what mine would be like with APR compared to my revo map lol...

I got inventive this morning and made a valve for my Powervalve system and a quick 200 yard run off the driveway and it seems to work! So all the parts cost around 8 quid and this is what it looks like!

So in the picture you will see a white one way check valve and a black thumb screw tap.

With the tap in the open position the powervalve system acts like normal and opens and shuts on and off boost!

But with the tap closed, once the car comes on boost for the first time it pressurises the the tubing as normal but because of the one way check valve the pressure can't bleed back leaving the powervalve flap in the open position! :-D

The result is a nice pop and crackle when coming off the throttle instead of a oem silence. Now the valve does slowly bleed back so does revert back to silence when not giving it the beans.

Now the parts I have used were very cheap of eBay so could be improved with higher quality parts :-D but I just wanted to make sure it worked ;-)

I'm my opinion it's a very good alternative to a collar around the actuator arm that is totaly fixed, this gives easy switchable modes :-D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422100234964.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1422100234964.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 163
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422100258005.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422100258005.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
Reactions: leshkin and S3_Mat
That's very cool!

I wonder if the boys at BCS would want to integrate this into their system or offer it as a kit as an option.

That's superb, I'd love to get that pop and crackle occasionally, I'll look into doing this too, for that sort of money you can't go wrong ;-)