ball bearing turbo replacement for 8L s3

... Do it once do it right...

APR claims are just as much 'pinch of salt' as most tbh... have seen a few APR mapped TFSI's on Bill's dyno and the figures are a 'tad' optimistic to say the least...

The GTX2867 has the flow capacity for 440 odd hp but having a turbo thats capable of this power vs having a package thats capable (dyno lottery and tuner bravado aside) are two completely different things as you know ;P

Have seen these do a shade over 400hp (cold runs) on a 20v stroker... pretty sure it didn't have cams... std 20v cams are not the best (as I know from personal experience) so would be interesting to see if cams add the required flow capability to allow one to work well

<tuffty/>

You are spot on as usual....

I've had a few conversations over the last few yrs with someone high up in said company,and optimism is the name of the game.....

Have a very Happy New Year!

without any engine mods? Are you mental??
that would require manifold, intake,downpipe, all new lines, wastegate actuator, injectors. And to even handle the power you'd need forged rods, which means rings, gaskets, bearings, bolts etc etc
Sorry I meant to say no engine internal mods/?My impression was S3 comes with forged internals. I am sure 550c injectors are required so as manifold to be replaced.

Sorry I meant to say no engine internal mods/?My impression was S3 comes with forged internals. I am sure 550c injectors are required so as manifold to be replaced.
Nope. You need new rods at the minimum, they go quite easily now given the age of these cars

Reactions: oldcar