GTD engine in S3

surely it will be ok its not the chassis he has cut around?

Yes I have the S3 about 3 years.

The rs4 chassis has not been cut, Short sport quattro replicas have more extensive work than this done and they don't seem to get labeled as cut and shut

so will it be a saloon then?
and why ?
why not buy a saloon?
daz

Audi never sold a B5 Rs4 in saloon, A converted widebody will never be a true Rs4 but an A4/S4 with Rs quarters, When I get around to finishing mine it will still be an Rs4, I got the car from a salvage company and it would have been broken for parts here as it was an uneconomical repair

I already own a proper low mileage (36k) B5 Rs4 avant that I keep garaged, It's in pristine condition and I will never tune or modify it.

Reactions: jojo, Essflee, superkarl and 2 others
I was goin to look at that s3 before I bought the one I have now, tasty work keep it up : )

people like you make me feel embarrassed that i pay halfords to change my light bulbs.

Reactions: Alex C, s3_trev, jojo and 2 others
Duggan? when I saw the number plate on the black one I had to have it, I bought it in the dark and in the rain but it turned out to be a good enough car overall.

Well my hat is off to you sir...........

If you did the whole conversion yourself and everything works that is brilliant. I I imagine your performance specs as other people have said above aren't far off (if not better ) than a standard s3 ? Plus more reliable , less issues , tuning for tdi engines is nearly as good now. I like the idea ,well done and unique , please post some pics or vids of specs and 0-60 runs, also mpg average and urban / extra urban.

Sean

That is some quality if not a bit wacky work there! Hats off wish i had the time/money to crack on with something like this!

Keep up the good work! Be great to see the rs4 saloon take shape!

Thanks, I had the dpf and egr delete software and remap from tdr performance in Ireland, I got the gearbox spacer machined by a friend and every thing else is my own work

Best I've seen is 54 mpg indicated on the trip computer on a long run. Its showing 43 mpg over the past few weeks, the lowest i've seen is 37 mpg. With the original engine it was showing 21-28 mpg

i would'nt make the rs4 too fast or you'll end up with a convertible lol

MRC's one started as a silver S4 with a broken cambelt

There are pictures of a blue Rs4 saloon that is said to have been built by Audi/quattro gmbh

convertible haha! I should have just bought a b7 cab

Great work mate! Shows that anything can be done! I would love to see the brackets you made for those seats, would love them in mine

Thanks Ronan!
I got a great laugh out of this thread! I think you're bananas but it's genius!
Can't wait to see the RS4 and even the s3 is pretty awesome, even for a diesel!

Where are you based, would love to see the car in person

Kerry

This is the double-din upgrade

IMG_03181_zps25f378fb.jpg

The climate control panel had no heated seat switches so I traced the holes from my single din unit and cut them out with a dremmel
IMG_02961_zps9e8cefd0.jpg

completed panel

IMG_02971_zps4747a92e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SoljahofSensi
very nice work mate. Impressive stuff.

I wouldn't worry too much about the originality aspect. You've got a car you like, and you've adapted it to suit yours needs. I like that a lot.

I've had the opportunity to drive this car and the level of workmanship is second to none. Everything on this car looks like it came that way from the factory. As for the way it drives - its bang on. My daily driver is a pre facelift, standard, 210 bhp, Audi S3 and I reckon that this STD is a little bit quicker than mine but has twice the economy and a ball of torque! Very impressive work.

Reactions: Jay 01 s3 and Lavis89
Wow, some good work there, im impressed, i think the S3 has a good aggresive look/stance, so can totally understand keeping the external looking the way it is, yet managing to run 200bhp and get 50+mpg.

Id be happy with that :)

Don't get me wrong, amazing convertion, very impressive, clever and all that, each to there own I suppose, just seem a shame that it in the long run, it's the end for another genuine S3, but then again, there are plenty of other S3's that have had far worse things done to them.

an 8L S3 is hardly a rare car, or a even remotely a classic for that matter?!

In fairness this thing would be faster than most S3's and with a turbo swap would be wiping the floor with pretty much anything that isn't running a forged 1.8T lump.

Those recaro's too :O beauties!!

Strong work!

Wow ! Some job ,wasnt expecting to see a laois reg on here ! How hard was it to source the recaros? Fair play to you that is impressive work.

Thanks, I bought the recaros on eBay and a friend who works in the uk brought them home with him at Christmas