Track Day Help

sheridan94

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Hope i've posted this in the right section
After a bit of advice. For my 21st I will be getting a Supercar Track Day.
My dream car is a R35 GTR, thats what i want to drive.

Im guessing someone on here must of been on one ?
What was it like ? anything to look out for ? Any recommendations?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I took a lambo around the track on one of those supercar experience things where you get 3 laps in a car of your choice. i wouldn't recommend anyone going on on of them unless you have money to burn. It was cool saying i've been in a lambo but i wouldn't really say i've driven one, the instructor was crazy strict about cornering, he let me properly have it on the 1 straight of the track but the rest of the time i was having to drive annoyingly slow.

I drove the gtr at one of them track day things for a birthday preasent, and as above if you've got money to burn then it's ok, he wasn't that strict with me cornering but I hardly got the car above 6k rpm and topped out at about 120mph at the end of the straight, could easily smash that if you was hitting redline throught the gears, I wasn't dissapointed but I don't think I'd do it again, if I wanted to do another track day where I drive someone else's car then I'd consider the silverstone experiences, they look like they let you have more control and actually learn some proper driving tequneques, instead of piloting the car round the track like these track days, also if the track is dry then I wouldn't bother with the insurance they offer you, the gtr is solid anyway, went round a chicane and felt the car twitch a little but it just did its thing without any effort.

Reactions: sheridan94
I've driven a stage 2(600+bhp) GTR out on the road, all I can say is, it's a weapon/license loser! :racer:

So it wasn't out on track, with the safety of some wide space and some runoff! But unless you are use to driving cars this quick, what happens next scares the crap out of you! This thing is like nothing I've driven before, and it just accelerates easily up to 3 figures+ with little effort! Your saving grace is it's an auto, so all you have to do is concentrate on accelerate, braking, and avoiding anything that's in your way! lol
Anyways, I took this thing along this bypass, turned it around, and went for it again before I parked it up! My mate told me to go again, and I said no thanks! My hands was shaking from the adrenalin rush, I knew if I went again, I could kill us both!
It's an amazing machine, so much performance for the money, and the car is just so capable, with lots of electronics to save your *** if it goes wrong... upto a point naturally!

Untitled-2.jpg

The same guy who let me drive his GTR also let me drive this! and this is tuned to 580bhp, but because it's N/A, it's nowhere near the performance of the GTR, but it's still a rapid machine, and sounds awesome, with a V10!!

bc162ea0.jpg

At the end of the day, Supercars are rich mens toys! I'm lucky enough to have driven a few, but the performance is too much for the open road, it's not usable! Nice to have the power there though.

I've driven a stage 2(600+bhp) GTR out on the road, all I can say is, it's a weapon/license loser! :racer:

So it wasn't out on track, with the safety of some wide space and some runoff! But unless you are use to driving cars this quick, what happens next scares the **** out of you! This thing is like nothing I've driven before, and it just accelerates easily up to 3 figures+ with little effort! Your saving grace is it's an auto, so all you have to do is concentrate on accelerate, braking, and avoiding anything that's in your way! lol
Anyways, I took this thing along this bypass, turned it around, and went for it again before I parked it up! My mate told me to go again, and I said no thanks! My hands was shaking from the adrenalin rush, I knew if I went again, I could kill us both!
It's an amazing machine, so much performance for the money, and the car is just so capable, with lots of electronics to save your *** if it goes wrong... upto a point naturally!

Untitled-2.jpg

The same guy who let me drive his GTR also let me drive this! and this is tuned to 580bhp, but because it's N/A, it's nowhere near the performance of the GTR, but it's still a rapid machine, and sounds awesome, with a V10!!

bc162ea0.jpg

At the end of the day, Supercars are rich mens toys! I'm lucky enough to have driven a few, but the performance is too much for the open road, it's not usable! Nice to have the power there though.
Sounds like youve got a very nice friend hahah