1.9 b7 avant 115 bad mpg :-(

philip ford

Reaction score
What do you normally get average mpg as i think mines terrible.

I travel 26 miles to work half is motorway and the rest is A roads i try to get into 5th as early as possible and not very often go over 60mph as i would rather save the fuel as im only getting around 42mpg. Around town im getting about 35mpg these are from the display not actual but can believe it as im spending around £50 a week for my 250 miles for work

My tyres are at 35psi and spin freely (breaks not sticking)

The car was remapped by the previous owner by a mobile remapper so i dont know if maybe the map was bad. The egr is blanked off so the engine light occasionally comes on so brought a code reader to check it/clear it when it pops up

When i brought it it had the low engine temp so changed both the thermostat and engine coolant temp sensor thats all working fine now at 90c

And now twice this has happened.. the car looses all power and shakes like mad.. but turn the car off and on its fine again this gives me this code

P0269 - Cylinder 3 and 4 Contribution/Balance Fault

Your remap sounds as if its the problem. Is there no document to name remap company? Id take it to a proper tuner and get it scanned and checked make.

yeah i get 180 miles average (well...160-200) per £20, so 90 miles per £10...give or take. i'd be expecting almost double the milage you're getting! i think ruairi is right...remap may be iffy,but i have no experience as what to suggest otherwise

Don't think I have ever seen that fault code before. Possibly an issue with the PD injector harness in the head they can break down and cause issues.
Possibly related to a dodgy map but could be other issues.

Karl.

Karls right also about injector harness. They where prone to messing about in 130bhp golfs and passat etc. Take it to a tuner near you and get them to load a new map onto car. most offer money back before 30days up of not happy...