cts turbo outlet pipe?

cam87

Reaction score
hi guys, has anyone had one of these fitted? neuspeed do a kit but its double the price. I spoke to psi tuning and they say they fit them all the time and ordered one.
are they worth it? I seen a few reviews of them replacing the pipes on k04 tsi engines which showed quite a change in pipe diameter, they also replace the restrictive turbo muffler. I searched google but cant seem to find an reviews on an s3.

thanks

I bought the CTS pipes for my S3 which already runs the airtec stage 2 intercooler.
Anyway I fitted the turbo discharge pipe first and was pleasantly surprised at the difference.
Boost seems to come in slightly earlier but feels stronger and the powers there instantly after gear change, one of the best mods for the money.
About a week later I fitted the cts throttle pipe and was pretty disappointed, I lost all my new found urgency and although it pulled better higher up I felt I'd lost some low down torque.
After 100 miles I removed it and sold it and happy again running the turbo discharge pipe.

Reactions: HHS3, manor13 and cam87
Thank you very for the in detail reply, I was thinking about buying the cts throttle pipe also but since you had a bad experience with it I think I will leave it. The next mod after this will be a airtec stage 2 intercooler which I have put off until summer as reviews say you don't notice much of a difference over the standard unless the temp is high, do you feel the same way?

thanks again

I've got both the CTS Throttle and dis-charge pipes.. The dis-charge pipe fits perfect... although I can't say the same about the throttle pipe.. it does foul a little on the Rad fan and makes a racket when the fan comes on which isn't ideal.

I fitted my throttle pipe and genuinely... i felt it made a difference. smoother and a little faster spool up and it felt as if i'd gained some mid-range torque.

Had the dis-charge pipe fitted at the same time as my hybrid so can't really comment on that as obv the turbo made a difference.

I'd recommend them though.... well cheaper than the nuespeed and revo ones.. Even after postage

Reactions: Brodster
I've got both the CTS Throttle and dis-charge pipes.. The dis-charge pipe fits perfect... although I can't say the same about the throttle pipe.. it does foul a little on the Rad fan and makes a racket when the fan comes on which isn't ideal.

I fitted my throttle pipe and genuinely... i felt it made a difference. smoother and a little faster spool up and it felt as if i'd gained some mid-range torque.

Had the dis-charge pipe fitted at the same time as my hybrid so can't really comment on that as obv the turbo made a difference.

I'd recommend them though.... well cheaper than the nuespeed and revo ones.. Even after postage

Thanks for replying doogie, I wonder if the revo one is a better fitment. I have since found an Australian golf r website with people saying they are both worth it but I suppose I will see first if the discharge pipe is good and then I will do more research as the cheapest pipe is still £140ish and that an expensive thing to buy and make things worse.
How do you put up with the racket, Im getting annoyed with interior rattles never mind something like that?!

Thanks

If i'm honest.. its very annoying. waiting for a good weathered day to get under the car and try and tinker with it to get it sit a bit better.

If i'm honest.. its very annoying. waiting for a good weathered day to get under the car and try and tinker with it to get it sit a bit better.

I bet it does, thanks for the reply :)

Reactions: Doogie...
Yeah, but this is only the silencer adapter. we are talking about the entire pipe that goes to the IC.

Agreed! The CTS looks better value for money. Does it also remove the silencer? Can't see this in the tech spec on the website?

do these apply the smaller K03 in the A3? and why would anyone want a turbo muffler! i want to hear mine more!

As far as im aware the k03 and k04 fitments are exactly the same, so in theory this should fit an A3 also?

do these apply the smaller K03 in the A3? and why would anyone want a turbo muffler! i want to hear mine more!

As far as im aware the k03 and k04 fitments are exactly the same, so in theory this should fit an A3 also?
Hi mate. The CTS website has a specific product for the K03 turbo on the TSI engine (my car has the TSI engine) http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/products/CTS_Turbo_TSI_Turbo_Outlet_Pipe_TOP-4467-663.html
I'm in the same boat as you and did some digging yesterday! Am wondering what sort of gains this would give on a car with an intake, TBE and stage 2 map?? Any ideas?

Last edited: