A3 2004, non bose, rear speakers and sub not working

KaptenMagnolia

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Just bought my first car, and there was a problem with it. The rear speakers and the sub aren't working at all. I dont care if the original sound sucks, i just really want it to work like it should. I have the original concert stereo installed right now.
I've bought the pioneer mvh370bt stereo, and also the things needed to install it. (Frame, canbus cable set, antenna adaptor etc.)
Tomorrow i'm leaving the car with the new stereo to a firm where i live who specializes in car sound installations. I told them to install the new stereo, and also fix the problem with the rear speakers and sub. Allthough, i'm not really sure they're gonna fix the speaker problem.
After reading other threads on this site i've started to wonder if it might be the amp thats not working.
If the firm can't fix the problem, what can i do? It really sucks that my first car is having problems with the soundsystem when im a sound enthusiast. To have a functional sound system is kind of more important to me than the car itself.
I'm really thankful for all the help i can get!
/Marcus

I'd be very surprised if the installer can't fix the issue with the rear speakers or at least find the root cause. If sub and rear speakers are not working, I'd start looking at the wiring at the head unit as previous owner might have butchered the wiring. If all that is in order, then might be worth looking at the amp and checking if that is getting power/working correctly.

I'm sure someone else with more experience might suggest more thigns to try.

Thanks for the reply!
Yeah i think so aswell. Allthoug the thing i doubt is their knowledge in how the audi is designed itself, and if they even know that there is an amp and how to get to it. Maybe im being supersticial, but this is a firm that specializes in mounting new sound gear in cars, and not in tinkering with special original parts. But if they don't have enough knowledge to fix my car sound when that is what they're supposed to do, i'm gonna tear them a new one.
If so, maybe the next step is to contact a real audi mechanic. Which will be expensive as f***...
I'm thankful for any more advice anyone can give me!