Problem with adding an option (Audi exclusive)

ice_cube99

Reaction score
Just a quick one,

Thought I had added black styling pack but when I have looked at the paper work it's not there.

I ordered 14th dec, but dealer (Coventry) saying that it can't be added as I have ordered an Audi exclusive colour so nothing can be changed.

Problem is I have added black roof rails and I thought I had the black styling pack to go but this is not the case.

This would look odd imo if the grill is chrome. So any ideas?

Iv asked them to look into it for me but he didn't sound to optimistic. I suggested if I could order another car and add then add the pack on. I await there response this afternoon...

I was under the impression that Audi didn't allow you to have different coloured roof rails to the grill etc.? Certainly the Audi Configurator doesn't allow this.

Interesting..as I am sure I added this on the configurator but when I have looked back on the paperwork it's not there

Hmmm, maybe it's easier to delete the roof rails unless you defo need them. I can see why you'd want to colour code the rails and grille.

Both grille and rails would be bolt on trim & final fit so in theory could be changed up to point of fit but I guess the difficulty is that any exclusive colour gets locked at code 20 order status much sooner due to the long lead time on the special order paint. Try pushing the dealer to speak to Audi to make the change if the dealer cannot do so on their system.

You can definitely have black roof rails without the black styling pack, as that's what I have! Obviously I don't think it looks weird, but it's all in the eye of the beholder. Make your own mind up...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/post-pics-of-your-a3-s3-8v-in-here.158398/page-48#post-2269386

Post number #1919 if that doesn't take you to it.

Thanks for that. It's just annoying as I don't really like the chrome.

Don't know where I stand now with the car. Pain in the neck to say the least

You can definitely have black roof rails without the black styling pack, as that's what I have! Obviously I don't think it looks weird, but it's all in the eye of the beholder. Make your own mind up...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/post-pics-of-your-a3-s3-8v-in-here.158398/page-48#post-2269386

Post number #1919 if that doesn't take you to it.

Interesting, I definitely couldn't configure different coloured rails to the grill etc when using the configurator. Maybe if you spec it in the dealership it allows it. Confused

And I still can't....

Upload 2015 1 14 13 4 57

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-14_13-4-26.png
    upload_2015-1-14_13-4-26.png
    280.4 KB · Views: 165
I agree with A3Kent - It looks like you can't have aluminium rails if you specify the black pack but with the standard chrome grille it lets you have either black or aluminium roof rails.

I agree with A3Kent - It looks like you can't have aluminium rails if you specify the black pack but with the standard chrome grille it lets you have either black or aluminium roof rails.

That's annoying. Maybe have to have it plasti dipped once I get the car if there's no other option :keule: