Glow plug advice

imz

Reaction score
Hi all I'm fairly new to the a4 b7 and I have 3 glow plugs showing faulty. The car is cranky when starting up but seems to be more so when the engine is cold (1st thing in morning).

Anyhow does anybody have a link to reputable glow plugs on eBay? I'm being told to buy ones from a brand by the name bru??

Thanks

I bought two from a main Audi dealership, there only about £17 each.
For what it's worth I'd stick to genuine parts on this subject imo.
Before fitting squirt some diesel down the faulty ones, makes them a lot easier to get out as they are quite fragile

Hi all I'm fairly new to the a4 b7 and I have 3 glow plugs showing faulty. The car is cranky when starting up but seems to be more so when the engine is cold (1st thing in morning).

Anyhow does anybody have a link to reputable glow plugs on eBay? I'm being told to buy ones from a brand by the name bru??

Thanks

Beru and Bosch are OE manufacturers of glow plugs. Remove one of yours and see which one is fitted.

As stated above, buy them from Audi/Vw/Seat/Skoda, they can get the correct plug by your VIN.

I got one for mine through my local VW dealer.

Ditto go to dealer for plugs and ditto just replace all of them

One warning.
I have just replaced mine. All 6 at the same time. If the plug does not come out easily, don't force it. Put more release oil, and if still no success, go to a garage and have them remove the one.
I forced one plug and it caused the threads from the plug to stick to the the hole. I had to get a set of threaded studs to clear it out.
But now the car starts like a dream.

Thanks for all the responses. I just started a new thread as I have a BLB engine and am not sure where the glow plugs are, can anyone confirm?

I did look online but can't find the info anywhere.

Apologies for the duplication.