Front/Rear indicator and reverse light upgrade

V2brett

Reaction score
hi guys im looking to do a Front/Rear indicator and reverse light upgrade.
Im thinking of fitting diadem type bulbs to both front and rear indicators to get rid of the fried egg look and fit led bulbs to the reverse lights.
Does anyone have any info about how to swap these bulbs and any recommended upgrades especially in regards to good reverse led bulbs.
My cars has halogen rears and xenon headlights.

Cheers

Brett

Consider the rear high line upgrade, means your tail and brake lights will be full led.

Do you have any further info on this Darren, i was thinking of going full led but if i could freshen up the look of the car for say £30 rather than £300 that would be a big help at the min, our baby is due any day now and costly/complex projects are on the back burner now,,pampers has become top of my list haha

Cheers mate.

Brett

Thanks for the info mate thats what ive got in mind, the link youve posted is for the fronts i take it? Can you help me on how to change the fronts please? £60 is very steep though, ill try find some cheaper alternatives i think.

I might try some reverse leds and order some inline resistors just incase.

Cheers

Brett

Cheers bud nice one, youve been a great help. Ill have a look now at those bulbs.

I can sort the coding as i have vcds so im half way there i just need to get the bulbs ordered.
Thats good too iv had the headlight out before, i had a quick look at the light unit but couldnt see access to the indicator. Ill google and figure it out mate.

Thanks again.

Brett.

Hi Brett,

I have LED reverse bulbs fitted and I coded the canbus system to ignore the reverse light in its check and they work 100%! I will be upgrading the rear indicators to LEDs this week so I will keep you posted on how that goes. Then the front indicators will be next!

Last edited:
Reactions: V2brett
Hi Brett,

I have LED reverse bulbs fitted and I coded the canbus system to ignore the reverse light in its check and they work 100%! I will be upgrading the rear indicators to LEDs this week so I will keep you posted on how that goes. Then the front indicators will be next!

Let me know how you get on as want to do this next. Did you get your ones from @t8ups ?

Hi Brett,

Hi Point.

Thats good to know the reverse lights can be coded to work ok, and deffo keep us posted on how you get on with the indicators bud, a few pics or a vid of them would be awesome.

Cheers.

Reactions: Point_Audi
Hi Brett,

I'm with the others... I'm very interested in getting LED indicators for my car too... LED reversing lights arrived today and I'll fit/code them asap.

Reactions: Point_Audi
This is the coding I used::thumbs up:

I had found it on another forum, very easy done:

1.Module 46 Central Convenience > Security Access 16 > 16017 (use this access code, not the one the ross-tech suggests)

2. Adaption 10 > Channel 181 >Read The value you get is 65535 (at least that was mine). When you convert that to decimal it comes out to 1111111111111111. Bits 8,9,10,11 code for the reverse lights (1111RLRL11111111) so when you convert them it becomes 1111000011111111. Convert that back to binary and it becomes 61695

3. Enter 61695, hit test then save. Done.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Reactions: ruairi83
Yea I know Benjie I was trying to work it out, as it would mean that you could code out certain elements if the can-bus system gave an error! :)

Yea sounds like a test for a warmer evening!lol .. Did you get yours installed?

The link you posted takes you to same site as the link I posted so still £29.99 a bulb hopefully someone knows of a cheaper source for these bulbs.

Did you to try dealer like I suggested also? I found a few dealers on eBay and emailed them and that's how I got them cheap.

Let Me Check garage tomorrow as I might have a set.

Cheers I'll call them later. Has anybody fitted these to an A4 yet ?

Hi Brett,

Hi mate just wondering if youve upgraded your indicators yet and how it went?

Cheers.

Brett

I coded the reversing lights as a precaution, but intend to put the coding back when I next have vcds to see what happens. No coding for the rear indicators. I have front indicators too, hoping to fit them tomorrow.

Do you have a link to the bulbs you have please benjie?

Cheers mate.

Brett.

Want to do the front indicators LED on our cars too... Both have rear LED reverse lights I got off eBay and neither flagged a fault.

Right, here's the video of the LEDs, filmed on a 1080p phone, suspiciously lowered in quality by Photobucket.

The rears were really easy, the fronts were a pain in the ****! All plug & play (though note my comment in post #28)

Here are the links. I bought from Horizon LEDs, had a long e-mail conversation with the owner (who has a B8 S Line) and he was very helpful and nice to deal with . Prepare your wallets - they weren't cheap, but I wanted to do it right & worth every penny to me as it cleans up the look of the car nicely.

Front indicators

Rear indicators

Reverse

Edit: Apologies for the filthy car, dent in the splitter and missing LED in the high-level brake light! all to be remedied asap! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldog and AU11 ALS
Right, here's the video of the LEDs, filmed on a 1080p phone, suspiciously lowered in quality by Photobucket.

The rears were really easy, the fronts were a pain in the ****! All plug & play (though note my comment in post #28)

Here are the links. I bought from Horizon LEDs, had a long e-mail conversation with the owner (who has a B8 S Line) and he was very helpful and nice to deal with . Prepare your wallets - they weren't cheap, but I wanted to do it right & worth every penny to me as it cleans up the look of the car nicely.

Front indicators

Rear indicators

Reverse

Thanks for the links! Did these work with no errors? Can you advise which bulbs from each link as they give you a selection and what you have look spot on :)

Yes, I got 50W for the indicators and 30W for the reversing lights. The indicators are plug and play, the reversing lights I can't confirm - I disabled reverse bulb monitoring (as described in post #13) before I fitted them. When I next have VCDS I'll re-enable and report back.

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Yes, I got 50W for the indicators and 30W for the reversing lights. The indicators are plug and play, the reversing lights I can't confirm - I disabled reverse bulb monitoring (as described in post #13) before I fitted them. When I next have VCDS I'll re-enable and report back.

Awesome will get the indicators ordered as I already have the reverse lights

Your right there not cheap £72.85 for front indicators & reverse lights :keule:

Awesome will get the indicators ordered as I already have the reverse lights

Finally got round to ordering just front indicators for now as planning on upgrading to B8.5 rear LED clusters very soon!

Reactions: benjie and Bulldog
Cheaper than the ones from TPS post some pics once you've fitted them.