HIDs

Audi33

Reaction score
Hello there, im having issues with fitting my hid kit. Wired everything up correctly as it should. When i was refitting them i would from time to time check if they work by putting the car in ignition, everything worked fine. No errors nothing as the kit ive got cancels out the errors.

When i switched on the car, the passenger one decided to switch off. Tried checking all the wiring everything was tight, the one on the otherside worked perfectly. So then i swapped over the ballasts too see of if they could be at fault. But still no hope that side never worked yet again.

So i took them off, checked all the bulbs and ballast with 12v power (from a power supply), strangley everythings working as it should!

What could be the issue? Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Silly question...

but do you have the lights in on position before you start the car?

Just because i had a vectra with HID's and the lights had to be off when starting car otherwise only 1 or both lights wouldnt turn on

Silly question...

but do you have the lights in on position before you start the car?

Just because i had a vectra with HID's and the lights had to be off when starting car otherwise only 1 or both lights wouldnt turn on
I think thats issue im having. Yes i think i did have the switch on when in started the car, must be all thats sudden surge of power that knocks them off.

Aye give that a try? May not solve it but sometimes the excess voltage can set the error off?

Just have to train yourself to start car then turn lights on :) haha

Reactions: Audi33