GROUP BUY: RS3 GRILL

CCWS3

Reaction score
A few of you may be aware of the RS3 grill from Xenonz UK - major supplier of aftermarket RS style grills - and may be interested in fitting one. I know one member on here has it fitted already and it looks prime IMO.

Two of my mates in Aberdeen are interested in buying one so that begs the question...

Would anyone on here be willing to participate in a group buy? See below for more details inc. prices and options.

Style 1
1.1 Black
1.2 Black with chrome surround

Black

Black and Chrome

1.2 (fitted)
Black Chrome Fitted

PRICING
1-5 pieces @ £280 delivered each
5-10 pieces @ £260 delivered each
10+ pieces @ £250 delivered each

Style 2
2.1 Black with quattro surround inc. quattro badge
2.2 Black with chrome surround around the quattro badge

Black Quattro

2.2 (top)
Quattro Styles

2.2 (fitted)
Quattro Fitted

PRICING
1-5 pieces @ £300 delivered each
5-10 pieces @ £285 delivered each
10+ pieces @ £270 delivered each

NOTES:
Worldwide delivery available - full address required for price quote
Plate holders and badges are removable
Black or chrome badges can be requested on any grill style
Parking sensor cutouts present

I hope all of the above is more than enough to go by should you guys be interested.

Could those interested please PM me in the following format (an example):

Style: 1.1
Audi Badge: Black
City of Residency: Aberdeen

I will then pass this on to the guy at Xenonz and once we have a solid number we will sort out the payments and addresses. I will PM each of you in return with how to pay and all that jazz. Let's give this a solid week of being live before providing Xenonz with a definite number?

Moderators: please can you mark this a sticky or something? Most of my posts seem to fly under the radar and I'm trying to help a few people here, including myself :).

Cheers,

Connor

Reactions: J6YAK and Blackwhite
My only bit to add, is to make sure if you require a sensor grill, that the sensor fixings allow them to be flush with the front of the grill, not recessed, as the 8P versions were a complete joke, sensors were recessed & thus detected the grill as an obstacle, the sensor fixings weren't very good & I had to modify these many times to try & make the sensors detect properly.

In the end I had to bin the fixings, modify the grill to allow the sensors themselves to fit in the grill flush & bonded in place, not ideal but they look oem anyway.

The customer service I experienced with this company was nothing short of shxt, so I'm just warning if you have an issue after purchase, you may experience either no help or pretty poor actions on the matter, I will never use them again, plenty of other helpful sellers online for these grills.

I was looking at these Grills before Christmas & the guy at Xenonz UK seemed like a decent chap, when I'd Contacted him!

Style 2.1/2.2 looks awesome with the Quattro Badge & Surround

.............very very tempted in going for one now!!

I was looking at these Grills before Christmas & the guy at Xenonz UK seemed like a decent chap, when I'd Contacted him!

Style 2.1/2.2 looks awesome with the Quattro Badge & Surround

.............very very tempted in going for one now!!

Rude not to!

Drop me a PM if you decide to do so, would be good to get the ball rolling from the forum side :).

That's my point, he was a decent chap, up until the point there was a problem to be resolved & he became scarlet pimpernel.

The grill quality is good, that's not the issue, but they were ordered with the requirement for pdc sensor fitments, which never arrived with the grill, then they supplied these totally crap fixings which recessed the sensors deep into the mesh, thus detected the grill as an obstacle.

I'm advising beware of customer service afterwards, maybe he's learnt his lesson or just doesn't give a shxt, who knows.

No, Just no! At least loose the 'RS' badge as it will just look too council! If you want an RS, buy one in the first place.

No, Just no! At least loose the 'RS' badge as it will just look too council! If you want an RS, buy one in the first place.

I'm not being an RS pretender... the badge will not even go on for a start, the honeycomb mesh just looks mean as f*ck and gives it more character.

I removed the RS lettering & put a proper sline badge in place, but the backplate they supplied for the RS lettering is huge, far to big, so I binned the badging completely, looks much better, far too big badges & makes it look aftermarket tbh.

Reactions: CCWS3
I personally love the grill, wouldn't want the RS badge (i'd want the S3 one). I'd be interested in the group buy but wouldn't have a clue where to get it fitted...

With you on that, looks much cleaner. My mate has the RS3 grill from Xenonz on his 8P S3 (no S or RS badging) and it looks top dog.

I personally love the grill, wouldn't want the RS badge (i'd want the S3 one). I'd be interested in the group buy but wouldn't have a clue where to get it fitted...

He doesn't have the S3 badge sadly, but you could probably get one off eBay? I'm running it with no badge when it comes. You could fit it yourself, my mate did that with his 8P RS3 grill. Think it's a case of clipping off the bumper from inside the bay... someone who has done this already can clarify tho. The 8P wasn't a massive job and my mate didn't need a garage.

I could potentially be interested in purchasing a used S3 grille, should any come available as a fallout of this group buy...

I've heard its a bit of a nightmare to fit with lots of little clips and screws.. also need to check on the parking sensors, so think i'm going to try and find a place that's fitted them before.

I'd quite like the RS3's bumper when it becomes available (and if it will fit).

Before anyone says it, i would of waited and got an RS3 if they were going to do a hatch version :kissmyrings:

I could potentially be interested in purchasing a used S3 grille, should any come available as a fallout of this group buy...
I've heard its a bit of a nightmare to fit with lots of little clips and screws.. also need to check on the parking sensors, so think i'm going to try and find a place that's fitted them before.

I'd quite like the RS3's bumper when it becomes available (and if it will fit).

Before anyone says it, i would of waited and got an RS3 if they were going to do a hatch version :kissmyrings:

I have'nt got the Front Parking Sensors on my on my S3, so not really concerned about the Bracket/Fittings for that.

Regarding the RS3 Badge, that would be Removed straight away, as I'm not trying to make it look like one of those. I wouldn't even fit an S3 Badge either, as I just prefer the plain 'Stealth' look!
If there'd been an Option of it being completely Badgeless.i.e no Audi Rings, I'd have prefered it evenmore!

My only real concern was on whether it Fitted as good as the Standard OEM one??

If I went down this route, I'd certainly consider Selling my Standard Chrome/Grey S3 Grill!

Reactions: CCWS3
could someone tell me if its a straight fit or not ? and if its hard to fit or not

guys.... aliexpress

all they do is buy them from the source located on there, so don't bother as its just a middleman in the uk.

For anyone concerned about fitting, it's fiddly and annoying at times but its not exactly hard, more time consuming than anything. Biggest issue is a bolt right beside the headlight that has to be accessed through the arch liner. Axel stands and wheels off are a must in my opinion, too many fiddly bits in awkward places.

Also the plastic trim and padding around the slam panel has to be removed and the slam panel painted black or it stands out as its silver

Fitment wise it's perfect, ditch the rs badge though.
Received 10153015335591151 1

Daaaamn the one with the quattro badge looks crazy! love it, but not a fan of "showing characteristics" of my car that doen;t really have.. just like usin an RS3 badge.

dilemma...

Hey,

I'm interest on one. Will it fit a 1.8t Ambition sedan (without parking sensors and no S-Line bumper)? Chrome surrounding and the rings also in Chrome(like picture in 1.2).

2014-12-08%2021.58.06.png

can i use my S3 grill badge on the mesh grill?

Looks nice but it just seems wrong to put an RS grill on an S. For me, sends the wrong message. Got an S and proud of it.

Looks nice but it just seems wrong to put an RS grill on an S. For me, sends the wrong message. Got an S and proud of it.
Having given it some thought. I'd have to agree with Jay, putting a predominantly black grill on my dark blue car will perhaps make the front end of the car less prominent which is something I wouldn't want to do.

You don't need to put the RS badge, just put the S badge. For me I like it better than stock.