Cabrio Hood

Snibo

Reaction score
Hi,

Haven't operated the Cabrio Hood for the last 2 months now due to the weather / temperature.
Have previously had it down at least once each month since September.

Will the Mechanism be okay with it not being opened, or should I at least try and open it once each month ??
Bit like the AirCon - like to run that once each month at least for half hour.

On a slightly separate note, do you keep your Seatbelt tucked in to the Strap Holder on the seat during the winter - or just use this when you have the Roof down ??
Not sure whether it'll get a bit mangled up in the Strap Holder all the time ??

Cheers.

I've not even started the engine on my car, let alone operated the hood, in almost three weeks! I do usually put the hood down when reversing into the garage, as space is a little tight and visibilty is obviously hugely improved with the hood down. It had been raining last time I came home though and I didn't like the idea of putting the hood down when it was all wet. I can't imagine that on a brand new car with today's build standards that it the hood mechanism would 'seize up' with only a few months of inactivity.

Regarding the seatbelt holders, I always use them, as I find that the seatbelt flies quite violently into the door card without them. Obviously you need to undo them to let people in and out of the back of the car, but I always do them back up straight afterwards.

Reactions: Snibo
I have a glass targa roof on another car which I try and use at least once a month as it seems to help keep it moving freely (touch wood).. However its ancient and also has not been out since Nov. Previously had an original Audi Convertible (80) where the roof mechanism failed but luckily fixed under warranty as I was told it would have been a 4 figure bill otherwise.

I'd just be a bit careful with operating the hood if it's really cold.

Reactions: Snibo