S3 AMK Boost issues

PeterDS3

Reaction score
Hi

I posted last year about a possible boost leak, original thread here..http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-boost-problem.228690/#post-2281463

The car has a stage 1 Revo and after a loud popping noise while pulling away it stopped boosting @2500 rpm (where it was a distinct transition and quite aggressive from there heading up the revs). Now I can hear it building pressure which is a bit louder than before but no real positive boost until around 3400rpm, tailing off earlier and quite a few flat/sticky spots at the top end whereas before it was very smooth right through the rev range up to 130+mph.

Since the last post I've had it back to the guys who mapped it twice, they pressure tested it and said there was no leaks and boosting at just above 2 millibar. They said there was nothing wrong with the car but I didn't get it back behaving like it was before the pop so there must be.

So am coming back to you guys, can anyone suggest anything else to check? Could the n75 or dv be factors? there's no fluttering but I can hear the dv releasing. I'd love to fix this because it does take the shine off a wee bit and its pretty thirsty, got 19 miles for £10 last weekend.

Thanks for looking :)

Hi mate, the pop happened once and that was the start. since then its higher boost threshold and flat spots after the initial rush of boost at the 3400 -4k mark.

Hope that helps a bit

I don't have the kit for it, but if the software is free I could probably cobble something together to check it.

Anything special I should be looking for?

Btw thanks for chipping in, much appreciated!

you are going to be a little limited in what you can diagnose without access to logging.
you may find a vcds "type" product on ebay which will suffice for what you need for minimal ££