Hard work finding a decent avant!

glenandem

Reaction score
Looking everywhere to try and find a replacement sport avant after mine was written off and I've got about 3.5-4k max to find a tdi avant and they seen pretty rare to find a half decent one however I've seen one that ticks all the boxes apart from the colour, I thought it was grey at first than the description and guy confirmed it was beige!!! Can anyone describe if it's a decent colour in the flesh!
Two others I've seen are an old avant sport I've seen is an exact copy of my old one but I'd have to source the door blades and front GmbH bumper again which took me ages last time unless I went to the body shop who was holding it and asked if I could swap them over lol!
And the final avant I've seen is £3000 but it's an 53 1.9 tdi sport Quattro but done 180k so not sure with the miles?
Anyway here's a pic of the beige one if anyone can comment on the colour looks ok in pics! and if anyone else knows of any 1.9 tdi sport avants going locally to Manchester please let me know?
Thanks Glen

My Avant Sport is now on 209k miles of which the last 50k is in my ownership. I service it every 8k with genuine VAG parts & Quantum oil & it drives & feels great.:kissmyrings:. So don't be put off by mileage.
It's all about condition & proven service history.

Hi guys cheers for that ive seen the cat d which puts me off and the blue one I don't really like the colour!
There's not many about at all!!

I would take the door blades off yours and get some standard ones as replacements and anything else in/on the car that will reduce your outlay with the next car that you have already.

The top car in the beige/silver is not a bad colour in the flesh........it is the interior colour that could be hit and miss, depending on the person who spec'd it from new...........but that is changable.

The colour is called Atlas Grey I believe as the Canvas Beige paint is quite gold

Will find pics

Last edited:
Reactions: glenandem
Yeah, decent ones tend to hold thier value.
Mine is on 180k now - If I had to replace it I would like to go for another B6 as the car ticks almost all the boxes for me - however, I would probably need to spend a little more and get a newer B7.
Can imagine all B6's now would need a few quid thrown at them due to age (suspension bushes, suspension.etc)

I may be selling my wife 2004 1.8T 190Bhp Avant.
See the tread I just started

That picture looks the same as mine which is ATLAS GREY, and don't EVER call it BEIGE :D:D

Reactions: BakPak and glenandem
As mentioned that looks like Atlas Grey to me...............its worth a look.....its a grey with a hint of gold. Difficult to describe but not beige :)

The Canvas Beige with be quite a gold/beige colour

cheers mate thats what im thining as i just googled canvas beige and that looks more yellowy to me and those pics on ebay look more darker grey and i actually like the atlas grey look and the hint of gold looks nice,almost pearlescent!

just phoned the seller and hes adamant its beige but a nice beige lol not helpfull, im gonna go see it tomorrow but is there anyway of seeing the paint code off the reg on the internet, i know ford have etis where you can put reg in and it gives you everything about the build of the car!

if you can see the original service book the data sticker will be in there, the code you are looking for is Y7Q For the Atlas Grey.
If you can't see the book just pop the rear bench seat up ( it's only on two clips) and there should be a data sticker on the body there.

I would go and view if you are genuinely interested as the seller also states "chrome mirrors" granted it could be the light in the picture but they look body colour to me, it always amazes me how people selling things don't pay more attention to their adverts..

cheers mate, i was hoping there might be an online audi spec site i could type reg in before i went to see it, im pretty certain this guy wouldnt find the build sticker, i remember when i worked at vw we had to stick them in service book!
im gonna go tomorrow and take a look, ive been browsing and it does look more like atlas grey to me just like yours comparing them side by side, that canvas beige looks way too gold to match these pics.
i hope its nice as its a quattro too ive always fancied a quattro!!, heard they handle really nice.

It looks like a nice car. The colour does look more like atlas grey to me than beige. However he may be using the description on the v5 document to determine the colour

I'd put decent money on saying that was Atlas Grey. Looks identical to mine and it's definitely not beige in the flesh. Great colour IMO.

My V5 states just grey as the colour.

lol i hope so steffgj, bit of a trip out tomorrow to see it with the wife, i really fancied the darker dolphin grey colour but i really like that atlas grey colour more now after looking over the web, it looks like it has a brown tinge in it?
really hoping its atlas grey now!

Take the reg and give it to TPS and ask what the colour is for the car or a main dealer

I have a Atlas gray avant, (not for sale i'm afraid) but wasn't sure about the colour when i first bought it, I just had to have it though as got it for a great price and had all the bits i was looking for. Its defiantly grown on me, not the 'red' i was looking for, but i think it looks fantastic now when its all cleaned and polished. Its also got the beige/grey ish leather/suede interior which wasn't my first choice but glad i've got it now as my last b6 had a black interior so made it feel more like a new/different car.

no didnt go guys, he kept messing me about when i kept asking to go see it, in the end thought sod it.
ive bought the wife a cheap mk4 gti turbo for now and gonna tootle about in this untill we see something we really like!

FairPlay....sounds like he was trying to hide something about the car

typical asian seller from bradford pal, looked like it had front wings at the very least which isnt an issue as we all know how bad they rust but the fitment on one in pics didnt look great!
at least the wifes got a nice little motor to keep going, paid £600 for a 1.8t gti 99 with 165k but quite clean and full service history, had camblet clutch etc recently and 8 months mot so cheap motoring for now, had vcds plugged in last night reconfiguring locks and clearing old faults!

im having the same trouble,set my heart on one in edinburgh,let down im looking at the blue diesel on ebay but hes messing me around the "Beigh Bradford" has sold...i keep going towards bmw 318d 2.0 estate but ideally need a quattro :( ive been told to stay away from 2.0tdi and 2.0t fsi. im not keen on the blue one but its done low miles and thats good for the pd130,so ive been told.

I GOT ONE derv 90k 1 Owner :)

Reactions: DieselJake