Retrofit puddle lights & door warning lights to 8V - help please.

Thanks for the update - I'll give this a try. If I find out what the rear ones are I'll post back.
7167DA70 3114 4A7F 9BF5 951505D36FA5

I made the error of not ordering my A3 (May 2014 S-Line Sportback) with the lighting option and I would like to retrofit the puddle and door warning lights.

There's a great thread in the 8P forum on how to do it on that model;

I've bought 4x red & white lights as well as the looms. The door cards come off in the same way as described in the 'DIY guide' above and the lights physically fit the locations where the red reflector and the blanking plate are at the moment, the cabling seems to be quite simplistic.

However, either the door controller has changed or different pins are used.

On the 8P model - the supply is pin 18 and the earth is pin 19. On my 8V, the plug has these holes, 18 & 19, vacant and I can easily insert the wires of the new loom into place. But, where the plug goes into (the door controller) the mating pins 18 & 19 are not present! Therefore, no electrical connection.

Does anyone have any idea if the pin configuration is different and if so what pins should be used, or is it that the door controller on a car that doesn't have this feature in the fist place cannot be used for a retrofit?

All help gratefully received.

p.s.

The footwell lights must be a different component to the 8P version too, as the location aperture to receive them is square rather than rectangular.

Hello. Sorry, I'm writing with a translator. If anyone knows exactly, please describe where I should connect the + cable and where the -? Mud lamp. (I've read a lot on the forum, but I'm not sure I understand)

ADDC163D 2CB1 40FE 925F 81446807C1F6

Pics are of rear door connectors
Pin 12 for + , that will be blank, so you add pin on wire and push into 12
and Brown for - , Brown is already pinned so you have to connect to that
Then you need to do some coding in long coding for each door module

Reactions: Boros
Phew, this is so bad I don't understand the language. If you have time, would you download my pictures and draw on them exactly what and where? I'm sure I would understand. If you have time. I would really appreciate it.

Phew, this is so bad I don't understand the language. If you have time, would you download my pictures and draw on them exactly what and where? I'm sure I would understand. If you have time. I would really appreciate it.

i am sorry, i am not sure what language you understand so I have tried to reword and add few different translations below. Hope it helps

Bilder, die Sie gesendet haben, stammen von den Anschlüssen der hinteren Tür.
Stift 12 für + , Stiftplatz wird frei, also fügen Sie Stift zum Draht hinzu und schieben ihn in Stiftplatz 12.
Braunes Kabel für - , Braun ist bereits festgesteckt, also müssen Sie Ihre - Versorgung mit diesem vorhandenen Kabel verbinden.
Dann müssen Sie die Codierung im Abschnitt „Langcodierung“ jedes Türcontrollers abschließen, um die Lichter zu aktivieren

le immagini che hai inviato provengono dai connettori delle porte posteriori.
Pin 12 per + , lo spazio del pin sarà libero, quindi aggiungi il pin al filo e spingi nello spazio del pin 12.
Filo di colore marrone per - , Marrone è già bloccato, quindi devi collegare la tua - fornitura con quel filo esistente.
Quindi devi completare la codifica nella sezione "codifica lunga" di ciascun controller della porta per attivare le luci

les photos que vous avez envoyées proviennent des connecteurs de la porte arrière.
Broche 12 pour + , l'espace de la broche sera libre, vous ajoutez donc la broche au fil et poussez dans l'espace de la broche 12.
Fil de couleur marron pour - , le marron est déjà épinglé, vous devez donc connecter votre - alimentation avec ce fil existant.
Ensuite, vous devez compléter le codage dans la section "codage long" de chaque contrôleur de porte pour activer les lumières

pozele pe care le-ați trimis sunt de la conectorii ușii din spate.
Pinul 12 pentru +, spațiul pentru pin va fi liber, așa că adăugați pin la fir și împingeți în spațiul pin 12.
Firul de culoare maro pentru - , Maro este deja fixat, așa că trebuie să vă conectați alimentarea cu acel fir existent.
Apoi, trebuie să finalizați codarea în secțiunea „codare lungă” a fiecărui controler de ușă pentru a activa luminile

zdjęcia które przesłałeś są ze złączy tylnych drzwi.
Pin 12 dla + , miejsce na pin będzie wolne, więc dodajesz pin do przewodu i wciskasz w miejsce na pin 12.
Przewód w kolorze brązowym dla - , Brązowy jest już przypięty, więc musisz podłączyć - zasilanie do istniejącego przewodu.
Następnie musisz zakończyć kodowanie w sekcji „długie kodowanie” każdego kontrolera drzwi, aby włączyć światła

Reactions: Boros
thank you very much for your effort. :) It hasn't worked yet, I'll report if it does. Hi

ZeA38VSport

Nagyon szépen köszönom! Minden jót kívánok neked!
Thank you very much! I wish you all the best!
Ez j

Eternal gratitude!