Looking at an A5 Black Ed plus, What sort of discount ?

S

Simonb1975

Hi all

I'm potentially looking at a black edition plus A5 from new (2.0 TFSI). What sort of dealer discount should I be looking for.
I understand there's a 4K deposit contribution already but isn't that Audi UK rather than the dealer themselves.

Appreciate any help

Yeah, I see the brokers are giving 8K on the spec I've got in mind.
I was wondering about actual dealers discounts though.

Hi Simon, use carwow.co.uk - fantastic site. Plug in your spec, and it will send it to all Audi dealers (actual dealers not brokers) in your vicinity (even ones further away that will deliver). They will then all send their best price to try lure you in. Its all anonymous so they don't have your details until you call them or visit them with your reference code. I had an offer of £7,600 off (A5 1.8 TFSI Black Edition Plus with a few extras) from Audi Milton Keynes. I then took it to Audi Amersham where they matched it, and when they had the model I was after in stock I managed to get even more off, and ended up with nearly 9k off (seriously). Not sure where you are based but I HIGHLY recommend the guys at Amersham, the sales manager is Chris Geary who is fantastic. Also dealt with a guy called Damian who is great too. I might have done better on discount as it was end of month, and I also order my wife a new A3 S-Line (and brought my neighbour who also order an A5 BE+), but at minimum they will honour the carwow discount. Plus they sent me a £20 Amazon voucher for using their site (carwow)

Hi Guys

There's another thread on here for the Black Edition + It would be nice if you were to post a picture of yours when it arrives it would be nice to compare the different colours when they start to arrive!

What colour have you gone for?

Cheers :eagerness:

Not ordered yet but Daytona grey looks on. I would of liked Lava grey but that's gone now

I couldn't decide on Daytona Grey or Black?

I eventually went for Mythos Black, S Tronic Quattro sportback due in early March.

Have you seen vervdc he has gone for Red it looks very nice I'm quite liking the Red against the Black looks the biss...

Cool, I've got a black focus at the moment, constantly looking dirty, spends a lot of time in building site car parks though !!

I know what you mean its my 3rd black car but looks cool when polished, Red and Grey are the best colours to keep clean, my daughter has White and thats just as bad!

Well, my local Audi dealership offered no discount over the deposit contribution. I think I'll save a little longer and then hit carwow as advised. The 3rd nearest dealership (20 miles) is offering £7K discount. If that includes the contribution it will still take care of the options. :)

I got 4300 off as the Audi UK offer and 2150 off on the Audi finance, just awaiting for my BE+ to arrive now. Should be arrive in March.

No direct with the dealer, don't think it was anything over and above what was being offered as part of the standard deal, but can make a big difference having a good sales guy, dealt with a few before finding a good one.

Ok, i'll probably contact the said dealer direct although i'll quote the carwow offer and see how it goes.

Also worth bearing in mind when haggling (something I'm not good at!) on your new car, they make good margin on the finance and the extras such as gap insurance and paint protection, so don't forget to try and get money off these if you're buying them.

Also if you're trading in, they seem to use the valuation given on we buy any car as a guide these days, well at least my sales guy did!

Funnily enough they used WBAC to value mine at first but then actual gave me a good 1K more.

I used orangewheels to get a quote for an RS5 with quite a few options. I printed it and took it to the dealer, asked him to beat it and he did (albeit by a small amount) but I'd much rather go through a dealer than a broker. I got approx 9k off of list with 4k finance contribution (2k from dealer, 2k from Audi finance UK).
I basically entered the same spec on every broker website I could find and orangewheels was the cheapest by quite a margin and hence was my bargaining tool of choice. This was back in late December so I don't know if that had anything to do with it being the end of the year and last quarter but it's worth a shot.

andywaddy great link, will be going armed with this when I go to collect my new car incase they try and knock me down on my trade in too much! Wish I'd thought to ask others for advice like simonb1975 before I ordered mine, not unhappy with the deal I got but looks like I may have been able to get better!