An introduction... and oh another S3 ordered.

fivespice

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I placed an order for an S3 Sportback today so thought I'd finally join the community proper by making my first post :) I'd first like to say that this forum has been incredibly useful in finding out about the deals available and deciding on which options to get, so thanks to all who make the effort and I hope to contribute more in the future!
So anyway after weeks of faffing around, I finally decided on the following:

Sportback S-Tronic
Daytona Grey
18" part anthracite alloys
Nappa leather
Panoramic roof
Privacy glass
Foldable/dimming mirrors
Hill hold
Audi sound system
Interior light pack
Tech pack
Comfort pack with Parking System Plus

Not an insignificant spec - I could probably do without the pano roof and audi sound, but ach to hell with it :)
I went through Glasgow Audi as I wanted to keep it local, and managed to get a discount of £3.3k. For a Scottish dealer, I'd consider this pretty reasonable lol.

Looking at a late April delivery.

Steven

Welcome and the car sounds lovely. Did you go for an S Tronic?
You can now spend every night browsing here and finding out everything about the new arrival?

Keep us posted on delivery dates etc as mine is due April too (allegedly)

Reactions: fivespice
Welcome.

You can now spend every night browsing here and finding out everything about the new arrival?
The Sad Truth.

And no, it doesnt make time go by faster, but makes the wait even harder...and you might even start purchasing parts/mods that you weren't considering buying in the first place, before your car even gets here.

Reactions: fivespice, elpaulio and Rob2k68
Welcome aboard !!. Haha it's true I have S3 keyring, MMI cables, K&N filter and counting ....

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I placed an order for an S3 Sportback today so thought I'd finally join the community proper by making my first post :) I'd first like to say that this forum has been incredibly useful in finding out about the deals available and deciding on which options to get, so thanks to all who make the effort and I hope to contribute more in the future!
So anyway after weeks of faffing around, I finally decided on the following:

Sportback S-Tronic
Daytona Grey
18" part anthracite alloys
Nappa leather
Panoramic roof
Privacy glass
Foldable/dimming mirrors
Hill hold
Audi sound system
Interior light pack
Tech pack
Comfort pack with Parking System Plus

Not an insignificant spec - I could probably do without the pano roof and audi sound, but ach to hell with it :)
I went through Glasgow Audi as I wanted to keep it local, and managed to get a discount of £3.3k. For a Scottish dealer, I'd consider this pretty reasonable lol.

Looking at a late April delivery.

Steven

Good job getting that kind of discount out of Glasgow, miserable sods offered me 4% on a take it or leave it basis, so I left it....

Late April sound good, a relatively short wait.

Welcome to ASN, whereabouts are you based?

Good job getting that kind of discount out of Glasgow, miserable sods offered me 4% on a take it or leave it basis, so I left it....

Late April sound good, a relatively short wait.

Welcome to ASN, whereabouts are you based?
Welcome. Lovely spec. One thing missing (and I can hear the groans).........yep.....'mono.pur'. It will make your S3 go faster!!!

@fivespice welcome to audi-sport.net. Spec sounds good. Good to have another Scottish member. Hope to see you at some local meets. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Steven

With the risk of sounding stupid.. I see a lot of people mention discount they obtained off there car.. Is this the dealer contribution deposit amounts? Or literal car take off ex amount but you put down ex amount. I basically got 2k dealer repost with no contribution myself. But seeing 3.3k I'm scratching my head thinking I broke to easy

With the risk of sounding stupid.. I see a lot of people mention discount they obtained off there car.. Is this the dealer contribution deposit amounts? Or literal car take off ex amount but you put down ex amount. I basically got 2k dealer repost with no contribution myself. But seeing 3.3k I'm scratching my head thinking I broke to easy

A lot of the members here (myself included) went through online brokers and got discounts of 10 - 11% (some people maybe a little more).

Carwow, Orangewheels and car file are some examples, I'm sure there are others. You can go onto Orangewheels and enter the spec of your car and get a discounted price on their site, takes about 5 minutes. I think that most of the broker deals are done via Coventry Audi.

Have you had to pay deposit?

It's just a standard deal arranged via a broker. You can buy cash, or get Audi finance, or Audi PCP or any of the usual ways. The sales are from recognised Audi franchises, when I ordered I paid a £500 deposit, then later arranged a PCP deal and still got a very good deal from them on my trade in.

Pretty much identical to how you would buy direct, only arranged by a broker.

'Edit' - It is a bit 'no frills' however, you won't get the love / service you would if you'd bought direct. That bothered me whilst waiting for delivery, but now it's here it's a distant memory and all I remember is that I saved a shade under £4K.

Despite the irritation of having to chase the dealer for information, I'd definitely do it again.

Last edited:
Interesting have a quick quote I would have saved approx 3000 but dealer is giving me 2k so I'm down about 500 with all the over negotiated bits.. And I've saved my self a trip tup North.. I can swallow this.. Only just mind lol

Thanks all for your warm welcome :)

@Steph67 I'm in the west end of Glasgow and work in the city centre. I know all too well about the attitude you've experienced. I guess it just depends on who you get...

Yes it literally is just the dealer contribution amount. For my spec, Orange Wheels and Carfile both returned discounts of £4k, while UK Car Broker was £4.4k.

You didn't need to buy MMI cables. They give you at least one on collection. I got three - just asked!

You did good - I've heard that some dealers are either pretty stingy and only give one or/and are completely clueless about which colour you need. I bought the blue cable from eBay for my iPod classic and will ask for the more expensive yellow one for if my iPhone 6 ever needs charging in the car.

I got the quotes from carwow, printed the cheapest one off and then went to my local dealer. I said can you match that? If you can I'll sign today, if not I drive an hour down the motorway. They came within £170 of it :) Just under 10.5% off.

Welcome Fivespice.
Great spec and not too long to wait, grit and salt should all have been done with by April (I hope).

Look forward to seeing on the site.

Welcome. I am expecting late April delivery too.