New to this forum/ build thread.

I think it's the cold. I'll find out in the am. She's got. Brand new Titan battery in her and just started right up. Given its 20 degrees warmer but not I don't have to worry about a dead battery.
Picking tires up after work and also just got my subframe bracket.
Waiting on Cv axle and hardware and ill finally be able to push the gas peddle while in gear! =)
So close
Can't wait!

I'll be meeting the guy tomorrow to buy these. 18 inch rims no curb rash
Tread isn't best but not too worried about it right now
860debb4d96a36783c46b723c3aa405b.jpg

Just ordered this as I'll have her on the road soon so it's time to a dress the cobbed air filter
7fca18f09cdb8252d8c79d8f1a3f9e8f.jpg

Last edited:
She hasn't had an issue starting since the new battery.
I'm getting alot of snow which is really irritating me....
I was hoping to have my hardware kit and Cv axle by Saturday and have her thrown together Sunday to drive monday.
I'll have to shovel my car out, and work in a ton of snow. I'm hoping the lower control arms pop out of hubs easy so this can be a quick easy swap !=)

We've had ***** all snow here, and its annoying me, i moved back north and expected a right good thick snowfall, and as yet i've had nowt.

We've had ***** all snow here, and its annoying me, i moved back north and expected a right good thick snowfall, and as yet i've had nowt.
Please rephrase hard to understand.

Update!
Hardware kit finally shipped, and just got the tires! Beyond happy with them! =)

Haha, I'm just moaning that we've not had any snow.

I lived for 4 years in a place that never gets any, recently moved somewhere that typically does, and the rest of the country has had snow, including where i used to live, and we've had almost none.

Aren't you up in Scotland? Sheffield has been hit with snow like 5 times since Christmas.

You can have the snow I'm sick of it.
And I will be replacing my starter soon. It's 16 out and she wouldn't turn over at first

Aren't you up in Scotland? Sheffield has been hit with snow like 5 times since Christmas.

I am, hence being ****** off :p

I've had two little dustings that laid down barely a half inch and vanished within 24hrs.

Reactions: slepy
Actually returned them, I want to replace rears first, so need 6.5's
But I can find 5.25/6.5 door mounts on eBay.

And confirmed that it's the solenoid. I was doing some reading earlier and found a post where a guy explained that he unhooked the plug in the engine bay that is for the starter and reconnected it and it started right up like his post said.
I'll get a new one when I have the money or get sick of it lol.
Also read that solenoids tent to show there flaws and go bad in the cold.

On another note I got the wife's 2.0 aba coolant flange cleaned block good and was about done but I realized one of the two bolt holes are stripped out completely. But I was prepared and had a bolt that I knew was going to do the job.
No more coolant leak and hot heat again! =)
Tomorrow after work I'm going to be swapping my rims and tires on!
Hoping like hell that my hardware kit was updated and is on its way. If it's not I'll be crying all weekend =,(

No, I got a bolt more like a screw that was slightly bigger but with a point, threaded it in then had to cut 4mm off so it wasn't too long. It's on there tight and won't back out like the original bolt.

Pics later of said bolt, and of finished product! =)

Here's the bolt or screw beside original bolt.
31c5d456097caa921aaae4dbe49ee323.jpg

I screwed it in once backed out and cut the screw to size. It's now tight with no leaking =)

Well I guess I'm crying all weekend....
Hardware kit expected delivery is Monday
So upsetting =(

Last edited:
Well if that worked, then surely the starter and solenoid are fine?

Those instructions only bypass the ignition switch, and any starter inhibit crap that Audi added to North American spec cars.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255410
Sorry for linking another forum, but here is what I was talking about for my starter, post number 12, that is what worked for me to start my car last night. Will be testing again this morning to be 100% sure
It actually didn't work, today it started when it wanted again. I disconnected power to the ecu and reconnected and she started.
I will check later if that was just a quinsidence or if it works.

I suspect its just a function of "waiting a period of time and trying again"

If connecting that pin directly to the battery doesnt fire the starter motor, then the starter motor is almost certainly knackered.

I never tried that as mine is different, I want to try and connect the starter directly to the battery but the thing is once it decides to start in doesn't have issues after till it sits for a while.
I get a click under dash and hood.

Update!
Got home and she started no problem, not sure if it was because I was moving the wires around down there and got a better connection or what but no issues tonight

I'll be replacing two of the tires I got as there 1 worn a little on the outer tread and 2 because there too big.
Tires in the rear are 225/45/18 they BARELY fit
The front BARELY fit the 225/50/18.

Other then that I'm happy with the tires and there fine till replaced.

But I took her around the block!! And I love her even more!!
And I got on it a tad bit maybe 30% throttle and she picks up gooooood! Alot more then my old stock 1.8t
She's now movable without flat tires!!!

And last thing.
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting my hardware kit tomorrow!!! =) hello driving her Sunday! =)

Reactions: Sandra
You want 225 40 18 all round, i wouldnt be even driving it with different sized tyres as the centre diff and abs wont like it at all.

You want 225 40 18 all round, i wouldnt be even driving it with different sized tyres as the centre diff and abs wont like it at all.
The 45's fit fine so I'm going to match those for now, I'm making my stock 16 inch rims my winter tires and next year I'll put 40's all the way around her!

HARDWARE WILL BE HERE TODAY!!!

no more starting issues! Believe it was a lose connection at the starter!

Personally most people would run the 40 profile on a 18" rim.
Yes I know, I've done some reading, between clearance and speedometer. I'm going to run the tires on it till next Friday then I'm getting two 45's to match the rears

I don't feel like destroying my center diff...

On another note the hardware here And I'm going to have it done tonight after I get out of work. Registering her Tuesday!

Climate control screens work when cold but after powered on for a bit they go blank, just an annoyance..

And thank you so much for running this by me or I'm sure I would have found out the hard way

Got hardware tearing into her after 4 when I'm out.
And also ordering 2 tires to match the rear tire size
I'm now about dry of taxes. So I'm waiting till friday to register.
Will be easy on her till the new tires are on

I got the drivers side done.
Tightened engine mount added missing subframe bolt added missing subframe bracket with hardware.

The lower control arms had to have been original... As they both have about a half inch in and out play.
The upper arms are going to be replaced asap, then a complete alignment!

Finished all my front end was happy went and got gas then had the junk Cv axle back out again so she wouldn't move. Couldn't get a chain so had a buddy with a Toyota push me on bumper, this was all less then a mile from my house.
Herd some noise in front end thought it was the Cv flopping, next thing I know my front end drops and my tires rolling down the road.
Damaged my drivers fender and found out that the stock lugs aren't long rough for these rims.
78310eaf968e15820a0e6e6ab4828715.jpg
863205083aafdc102d374e2dad5730a9.jpg
1e07a9acb6203130704af7c6d9209b21.jpg
baf516c879d8c393ba3cbbcabf36cb4a.jpg
798887ada53e0662a46f2aed7349aa70.jpg

I have straightened the fonder our a bit and will be zip tying till summer then new fender.
She's not moving till I get the special 12 point bit for the Cv axle and I get these in the mail for my tires
f6fd9609c52027f98607ea28d70961c2.jpg

yeh fitting aftermarket wheels needs some care to ensure the bolts are compatible. You also cant use bolts that are too long, as they'll catch on the upright behind the hub flange.

Its also possible that you've damaged the hub flange itself as the bolts will have stripped out rather than come loose.

Put a stock bolt into the stock wheel and measure how much it sticks out, then get your new ones to be the same length. They can be upto about 5mm longer but not much more.

Whats going on with the "CV Axle"?

I bought 67mm long bolts. The stocks threaded maybe a fifth of the bolt, stripped the bolt. They threaded back in fine. The Cv is the junk one that came on the car I have a brand new one waiting to put in just waiting on the 8mm triple square 12 point bit to come in the mail

67mm is going to be far too long, but you can cut them down easily enough with a hacksaw or grinder. Stock is 27mm.

I'll cut to size but I don't think there gonna be that much to long these rims are red ICU LA sly fat in the center

Little update.
She hasn't had starting issues And I'm about to go scan her for the first time with vag

So reading that. B1 S2 is the rear lambda sensor on the right side of the car (passenger side in the USA), and its heater has failed.

B1 S1 is the front sensor on that side, and B2 S1 is the front sensor on the other side, which may be faulty, or there may be other running issues which have given the sensors incorrect outputs.