Remap vs. Warranty

rmappita

Reaction score
I have an Audi A3 1.8T 180HP 8V FWD 2014, Stage 2 and after 16.000 miles, the turbine code 06K145701N broke, we upload back the original map but Audi found that it had be remaped before, and I lost the warranty, the reason is the core code is changed and then flagged on Audi's database . So my A3 is marked as'' TD1 Tunning''. Now they want to charge me $9.000.00 for a new turbine :banghead: Yes down here in Brazil is $9.000.00 :applaus::applaus:. Now I need to buy a new turnine in the USA and send it down to Brazil...

Anyone knows if you can return to 0 the core counter after the car is remaped?

Last edited:
I think you will find the TD1 information is now stored against your car on the central computer system at Audi AG in Germany so even if you could change it on your car, the information would still be there on the central system.
It is done so that Audi do not have to pay out for warranty work when the owner has had the car remapped or tuned.

I'm afraid it's a risk you take with changing maps.

Got it!! No more remaps..... Next time I should buy an S3

You can mod your car as much as you like, it's your choice but there is a risk. Sadly in your case it hasn't worked out well. I can assure you from an experience of a close friend Audi will not back down.

Yep! Now I'm asking Audi to make a fair price for me.

Interesting,

we have had cars go back for warranty work no issue. What map was it?

Rick

Hi Rick

When cars with your maps have gone back, was that with the map still present, or was that with it removed and the stock map re-flashed?

Thanks
Stevie

This thread alone has scared me to not get a remap done lol
Common sense vs desire

Reactions: elpaulio
Surely a good map shouldn't cause this? Was the map by a reputable company?

What I've beem told is that Audi has a core counter on the models from 2012 and later, and it can not be erased even if remaped with original software. Down here I did with a Company called "Reiko" , I don't know if you've heard about it Rick. I just know I haver lost my warranty.

Did reiko not advise you with information if you had to take the care in for warrenty work?

They told me about this Core counter before, but we always think the worse is never gonna happen. They tried to upload the original map, but it did not work.

Why pay for a standard turbo, If you're already stage 2 then buy a bigger aftermarket turbo and go strage 3. May aswell, you've lost your warranty, slap a great big dirty turbo on it!

Reactions: elpaulio
Hi Jordan,

Yes, but I don't know witch bigger turbo would work with my A3. I'm trying to find some info about the S3 or Golf R turbo.... And if my 7 speed dry clutch would be ok.

Wow, i saw this "reiko", felt shady. So going with apr. There are a lot good tickets from brazil to the us. Dont import, go there and pick it up

Samuca, APR and REVO for exemple are know for great maps, but who can garantee it won't invalidate the warranty ?

After having a car remapped by MoreGo (GTI Engineering) and then suffering a number of issues, along with the dealer getting difficult about it all, I'll leave remaps well alone on new cars - well unless they're approved by the manufacturer.

rmappita, yeah none will guarantee the warranty, even if you change the air intake the warranty would be voided. but is best to go to a more well known company. i'm also from brazil and 2 out of 3 places that i went to ask about tuning, they offered me something not known in the forums or when i asked for the apr mapping, they offered me something that is "cheaper and does the same". btw are you from sao paulo?