K04 TIP advice needed...

Ben jah min

Reaction score
Hi Im after a bit of advice as to the which of the of various TIP's would be best suited for my BAM S3, It seems theres several sizes available for the TIP which doesn't help my confusion!!

Heres the ones I've been considering, but i thought id check to see if anyone had any pitfalls with certain models….

C/M tip - http://www.creationsmotorsport.com/product-detail.php?pid=37

C/M 80mm TIP - http://www.creationsmotorsport.com/product-detail.php?pid=656

Badger 5 V3 - http://badger5.biz/V3-80mm-TIP-colours-available

Badger 5 V2.2 - http://badger5.biz/epages/3927bc2c-...6/Products/v2.2tips/SubProducts/v2.2tips-0002

Forge TIP - http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Si...Audi_VW_SEAT_and_Skoda_18T--product--158.html

I know the badger inlet seems popular on here but i have no idea what makes that different to the others, or the difference in sizes. Im guessing the bigger the inlet the better the flow, but thats about it - are there supporting mods that need doing to opt for the larger 80mm inlet over the standard size ones.

Im planning to put all the bits I've hoarded on in one go then go and get it mapped, so it would have a 007P, a high flow filter or a shielded cone - If i buy the badger setup I'm emptied to just buy the entire inlet kit and a milltek high flow catback non res system. Undecided on a FMIC setup as ideally id like to keep it stock looking and retain the fogs.

Sorry for the essay! Cheers

Reactions: Essexman
id go for the proven b5 v 2.2
if your keeping with a oem k04 you really want to maximise flow!
it is the best one!

get a jetex open filter
fmic is pretty essential when mapping.
upto you if you cant live with the looks but they are great on these cars!

and catback will add next to nothing.
for exhaust gains you need downpipe and manifold

Reactions: JonnyDerv
The 1st two in your list are confusing, if the 1st one fits fine, but the second has a larger bore would it still fit on the maf end ok, or would you need a larger maf ?, If they are both fit straight on jobs, who is going to go for the older smaller type ??, wouldnt everyone just want the 80mm (full bore) if so the companys might aswell throw anything less than the 80mm in the bin, why still sell the older smaller type

The 1st two in your list are confusing, if the 1st one fits fine, but the second has a larger bore would it still fit on the maf end ok, or would you need a larger maf ?, If they are both fit straight on jobs, who is going to go for the older smaller type ??, wouldnt everyone just want the 80mm (full bore) if so the companys might aswell throw anything less than the 80mm in the bin, why still sell the older smaller type

The smaller ones were just copies of the OE one which back in the day suffered from collapsing...

Bill @ Badger 5 developed the 80mm TIP which is proven to increase bhp typically between 10-15hp and sometimes nearly 20hp on the right setup... he has developed it over a few iterations and has been copied by CM and others...

Pays yer money and takes yer choice... the smaller ones are still available as most companies have already got the smaller ones in their catalogue but Bill only supplies 80mm ones...

Personally its a no brainer... the original and best is the B5 one...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Essexman
Bill @ Badger 5 developed the 80mm TIP which is proven to increase bhp typically between 10-15hp and sometimes nearly 20hp on the right setup...
<tuffty/>

Theres two versions of that pipe the V2.2 and the V3 - but no explanation of what has been changed, from what i can see the 2.2 has a billet collar pictured but the V3 has no such mention.

Also if you buy the badger full 'inlet kit' it works out costing more than buying each item individually - adding to the confusion!

Im swaying towards the badger kit but i just need the stuff above clarifying before i buy!

Cheers guys

Theres two versions of that pipe the V2.2 and the V3 - but no explanation of what has been changed, from what i can see the 2.2 has a billet collar pictured but the V3 has no such mention.

Also if you buy the badger full 'inlet kit' it works out costing more than buying each item individually - adding to the confusion!

Im swaying towards the badger kit but i just need the stuff above clarifying before i buy!

Cheers guys

V2.2 uses a billet adaptor and is based on the original design... the V3 is an all silicon version that works out cheaper but essentially does the same job... the V2.2 is the 'premium' version, the billet offers smoother flow transition into the turbo but in the grand scheme of things the difference power wise is negligible

If you are using Badger 5's website to price this make sure you have set the right options as the non ESP version costs more due to extra hoses etc that are needed to fit it and this could be skewing the prices..

The 'induction kit' listed on the site is based on the V2.2 TIP and defaults to non ESP which is the most expensive option... there doesn't appear to be a price on the V3 version of the kit so might be worth phoning Bill to ask

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Ben jah min
B5 tip. Works like a charm and you can see feel and hear the improvement it makes.

I got the v3. Easy to fit if you take your time :)

+ 1 on the badger 5 v.2.2 Great bit of kit, instant gains. I made the typical rookie error when i first got my s3 and bought a cheap second had forge one off ebay.
Was advised at the time i should have got the b5, then 6 months later down the line i did. We all learn over time.

B5 tip, no need to bother looking elsewhere and with a jetex cone filter

I went with the B5 v2.2 as that was the latest thing at the time. Spent aaaaages fitting the fecker (not dissing the product, but those fecking Audi pipe clips are a right **** to remove) - I have no idea if it gave me extra horses but it looks good,sounds good and throttle response was improved. Plus my original Audi tip was split and an OE replacement from the stealers was mega bucks! Therefore, it was a no brainer. You won't regret it. I also fitted the Jetex blue cone filter and the heat shield too.