Gmbh bumpers

jimmyb592

Reaction score
Does anyone know if its possible to buy the lower GmbH valance for the avant rear bumper?

Last edited:
Yes you can. There is a sticky thread on it "B6 Bumper options"

Reactions: Icarus83 and jimmyb592
£202 all in for the lower valance from tps :( thats without painting. gona have to wait abit longer then as just bought turbo and fmic lol

No mate, it's 240 + VAT for the valance without grilles and side plastic trims, i paid over 240 quid for it a few years ago and that was with a trade account ! Not to worry, i will keep it for a while till i get tired of the b5 i have at the moment and proceed to fix the b6 i have in the garage ! Good luck...

No mate, it's 240 + VAT for the valance without grilles and side plastic trims, i paid over 240 quid for it a few years ago and that was with a trade account ! Not to worry, i will keep it for a while till i get tired of the b5 i have at the moment and proceed to fix the b6 i have in the garage ! Good luck...

I didn't think the rear valance had grills just a plastic sticker?

I want to do this purely for looks, will the petrol twin boxes fit?

Also will a saloon trim fit the avant?

I think the avant bumpers are longer so my guess is there is a different lower section. I wanted to do it putley for looks also but just get a custom rear section made up

yes i was going to delete the rear boxes much sound difference?

they look very restrictive?

I'm sure somewhere on here I saw a vid about standard vag boxes and they cut one open. I couldn't believe how restrictive they are!

I've had both rear boxes removed on my 1.9tdi Quattro and replaced with straight pipes. No major difference in the sound from inside the car but a slightly deeper sound outside. Here's a video clip

Oh and the saloon GMBH rear bumper doesn't fit the avant.

Reactions: barkclark and Chrismawa
Does it smoke more now the rear boxes are out, as sure mine does not produce that much with the boxes

Does it smoke more now the rear boxes are out, as sure mine does not produce that much with the boxes

Yep she does like a good puff of the black stuff when you give it a bootfull, most of the time I barely notice it. The tail pipes are always black and sooty. It's had a pretty strong remap as well which creates more smoke.

Reactions: jimmyb592
I take it that doesn't affect the MOT by cutting out the boxes?

Nope had no issues with MOT at all. I know the new MOT standards say if the car is fitted with a catalyst or DPF the boxes have to still be in place so you can't just put a straight pipe in there has to be a box there.

Greeny223 - its only the cat or dpf that has to remain, the rest of the system could just be straight pipes, or cut the car/dpf open, remove innards, weld a pipe through the centre and weld it back up. Looks standard but breathes a lot better

Greeny223 - its only the cat or dpf that has to remain, the rest of the system could just be straight pipes, or cut the car/dpf open, remove innards, weld a pipe through the centre and weld it back up. Looks standard but breathes a lot better

Yep thats what i was trying to say, just didn't come across right :eek:)

Reactions: jimmyb592