A4 Avant Rear Wiper Issue

jminns

Reaction score
Website
www.jminnsdesign.co.uk
Hello,
Recently bought a '10 Audi A4 Avant S-Line and having a bit of trouble with the rear washer. When I first picked it up (10days ago) the washer was not working at all. Found the following guide online to clean out the nozzle from crud that often builds up.

(http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?87959-Un-block-your-Avant-rear-washer-jet)

After doing this a couple of times, it seems that it cleared up slightly and water was slowly coming from the rear jet. A couple of days has now passed and went to use the wiper again and nothing this time. Took the nozzle off when I got home to find it had filled up with crud again but this time no water was coming out from the back of the car (with the nozzle off)

Has anyone else had this sort of issue and what did they do to rectify it? Apologies if something similar has already been posted.

Might be worth looking in the boot on the right hand side (side with the 12v socket). Might be full of water?

I had issues with mine with water covering the control boxes, dried them out and have stop using rear washer, just use rain x.

If the nozzle is blocked, the pressure might blow the pipe off a fitting inside the car.

I would stick a hosepipe into the washer bottle for 5 minutes to flush out any dirt. The mesh thing in the filler neck just pulls out.