TIP help for BFB A4 1.8T

DaveA41.8T

Reaction score
Hi new to the page and to modding/tuning

Got an Audi A4 06 plate (believe B6 from what I've read about what engines were issued by chassis but looks like B7 new facelift) 1.8 T petrol. Engine code BFB.

Currently have it booked in for oil/filter/O ring changeout and at same time having spark plugs changed out for iridium spark plugs. Also having a pipercross panel air filter installed at same time and the tracking adjusted at APTuning Norfolk.

Whilst I have that done I will ask guys to confirm if I have k03 or k03s I believe it's the S but without stripping down I can't tell.

But with either outcome I wilI want to install a larger more efficient TIP. As a precursor to having a stage 1 remap.

I contacted SFS directly after reading about their supersize model and reviews and was told they don't supply one for A4 as position of turbo on the side and position of engine etc

Is there another model SFS design for that can be used In place but they won't advise or is forge or another the only option I am able to use?

Anyone had similar experience / model that can shed any light?

I've read a good few threads but can seem to nail down an answer for my specific situation.. As from what I read I thought there was an "SFS big bore" I could install but after speaking to manufacturer am confused ?

Thanks in advance for any replies,
Dave.

Last edited:
K03 or K03s TIP's are the same.

Off the top of my head Forge, Evolution Racewerks, 034 motorsport.

K03 or K03s TIP's are the same.

Off the top of my head Forge, Evolution Racewerks, 034 motorsport.

Okay so no matter your engine code nor your chassis number or wether you have k03 or k03s it's still the same TIP and will fit ?

I read about them having different fitments somewhere is that something I've misunderstood?

there are only a hand full of engine codes for the a4 and passat 1.8T. Once you get a TIP for longtitudinal engine with K03/s it will fit.

A TIP from a 1.8T golf/leon/a3 etc wont fit as the engine is transverse and the turbo configuration is different.

there are only a hand full of engine codes for the a4 and passat 1.8T. Once you get a TIP for longtitudinal engine with K03/s it will fit.

A TIP from a 1.8T golf/leon/a3 etc wont fit as the engine is transverse and the turbo configuration is different.

Brilliant thank you for that when I spoke to the guy at SFS he was explaining that to me but was confused as thought I had heard of it being used.

Plus on this link :-
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Up..._for_Audi_A4_and_VW_Passat--product--142.html

Under the compatible vehicles has b5 b6 models but not b7 and as from the look of mine I assumed mine is b7 but when was looking originally could find my 1.8t BFB engine coming up against b7 when looking on sites about re-mapping.

So that piece will be fine?

Thanks for the replies

Last edited:
That Forge one linked will 100% fit. The 1.8T was found in the early B7 models aswell although not listed on most parts sites.

Reactions: DaveA41.8T
That Forge one linked will 100% fit. The 1.8T was found in the early B7 models aswell although not listed on most parts sites.

Brilliant I thought I was losing it looking between things and telling me what was Infront of me didn't exist. Haha.

Thank you the advice and clarification. Shall be ordering this in coming month then :) also any advice when it comes to stage 1 remap? Do I need to replace standard clutch or should it perform fine?
Also heard that after remapping sometimes there are ignition coil pack issues or is that in more older models ?

Any info you know is brilliant.

No problem.

Just posted in another thread there. Best way to make the car quicker would be decat for the exhaust (full system not required unless you are going bigger turbo), panel filter (K&N, ITG, Piper), Diverter valve (forge) and then remap.

Standard clutch should be fine if it is tuned correctly. As for the coil packs I wouldn't go replacing them until they start giving trouble. Yes with a remap they can fail prematurely but your tuner might recommend colder plugs after the map. OEM ones are NGK BKR6e, one step colder are BKR7e.

Awesome GTi have a good deal on 2.0TFSI coils for £80 if I remember correctly but again don't go replacing them until you blow a coilpack.

No problem.

Just posted in another thread there. Best way to make the car quicker would be decat for the exhaust (full system not required unless you are going bigger turbo), panel filter (K&N, ITG, Piper), Diverter valve (forge) and then remap.

Standard clutch should be fine if it is tuned correctly. As for the coil packs I wouldn't go replacing them until they start giving trouble. Yes with a remap they can fail prematurely but your tuner might recommend colder plugs after the map. OEM ones are NGK BKR6e, one step colder are BKR7e.

Awesome GTi have a good deal on 2.0TFSI coils for £80 if I remember correctly but again don't go replacing them until you blow a coilpack.

Okay brilliant yeah these are all things I've been looking at I've booked at spark plug change out and asked them to price and suitability of BKR7EiX are they ones you mean?

I don't intend to go above the k03s so do you have a link or part number for the decat? Or u mean to remove the cat converter and will pass MoT etc?

As I said have pipercross panel installed soon.
And I've looked at getting a Forge DV008 recirc dump valve installed that be a good move?

I have already asked them about the clutch and said they will have a look at state of current whilst doing the above work and advise before me going ahead with the stage 1 remap.

Should I asked for anything specific with in the remap stats wise that would suit the k03s and engine and upgrades I have stated I will be making ?

Thanks a lot for all this tailored advice been extremely helpful

Yeah like delivery stuff invoice etc so know where it was bought from when and how much etc, but saw you say it's creationmotorsport and I'm after a forge really cheers anyway

Okay brilliant yeah these are all things I've been looking at I've booked at spark plug change out and asked them to price and suitability of BKR7EiX are they ones you mean?

I don't intend to go above the k03s so do you have a link or part number for the decat? Or u mean to remove the cat converter and will pass MoT etc?

As I said have pipercross panel installed soon.
And I've looked at getting a Forge DV008 recirc dump valve installed that be a good move?

I have already asked them about the clutch and said they will have a look at state of current whilst doing the above work and advise before me going ahead with the stage 1 remap.

Should I asked for anything specific with in the remap stats wise that would suit the k03s and engine and upgrades I have stated I will be making ?

Thanks a lot for all this tailored advice been extremely helpful

The decat will go in place of your cat convertor so you can still refit it come MOT time. It wont pass MOT with the decat fitted. If you aren't handy with the tools maybe a decat is not a good option as you will have swap it out once a year for MOT.

Every engine is different, they will map it according to how healthy your engine is and advise if any work needs doing before mapping.

The decat will go in place of your cat convertor so you can still refit it come MOT time. It wont pass MOT with the decat fitted. If you aren't handy with the tools maybe a decat is not a good option as you will have swap it out once a year for MOT.

Every engine is different, they will map it according to how healthy your engine is and advise if any work needs doing before mapping.

Yes that what I thought how much work is it how much kit do you need ?
Because "gains" wise it's a big help so would like to look at the option?

Do you know much about the molten hi-flo cats? Are they worth the cash and if you buy then solo with out the rest of the miltek exhaust system is it still as good a product?

Thanks again for replies

Also with stage 1 remap do you think brake upgrades are needed had a look at the rs4 straight calliper and disc swap looks simple enough any experience with this?