Why rs4 avant?

Reaction score
Was looking at changing to the rs4 avant as need extra space.... But why would I go for the v8 when a tweaked s4 is quicker??!?

V8 sound?

The RS4 is not just about the engine. It has a lot of extras over the S4 - body styling, brakes, etc. And yes the V8 sounds better as-is, but it also has more potential to kick the S4 out of the water... if you have the money that is! Check out the APR Supercharger for the RS4 :D

From what I remember of Chris Harris video the Revo map put it on level terms with the RS4

Like Allanmb says if you start tweaking the RS4 then you will see the difference again.

But then again dial into it the price of the RS4 and mods then the idea of an tweaked S4 is very sound.

Not sure I was much help there lol

Reactions: V6 Quatt and allanmb
I've also been mulling the same change! I had the RS4 on an extended test drive recently and my conclusions were:

Positives:
V8 Noise
Road Presence/Wheel arches
Sepang Blue
More boot space
V8 noise!

Negatives:
Marginally worse fuel consumption
Interior is almost identical

I accept the RS4 would be slower than a Stage 2 S4 though

Reactions: V6 Quatt
That was only stage 1 Revo, go stage 2 and at 480BHP you'll leave the RS4 behind, I certainly did ;)

True but thats goto be nearly 10k you put into the car the get that result. Probably still cheaper than a RS4 though,

Wonder what an RS4 would do if you put 10K worth of mods into it.

I guess its just all down to personal pref.

Don't forget running costs, insurance and fuel will be considerably more on the RS. That's what swayed it for me.

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all for any of the vehicles you're considering then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.