Adding Halogen DRL-s

tauno16

Reaction score
Hello!
So heres my problem, i want to activate drl-s on my audi a3 sb 2008.
The lightswitch i have right now, has no drl or auto. No light sensor installed too.
switch on the car looks like this:
$T2eC16V,!zUFIcZ!1rUMBSYV7mt9Mw~~60_12.JPG

And i want to add switch like this:
$_57.JPG

Its a facelift switch, but i wonder, does the drls on my car starts to work (i think they supposed to work as high beams, but not as bright).
Im tired switching the lights on everytime i start the car, i want to keep it on drls, so when i switch off the ignition, the lights turn off.
I dont know, if the switch needs some extra wires or not. Im sure that i need to do some coding on vcds.
Anyway, i hope someone can help me. I dont want any aftermarket drl-s, only new switch with drls.
Or can i code it in vcds and i dont need to swap the switch?
Sorry for my english too, if i spelled something wrong! :)

Problem is you cant have high beams as drl's as this will shine in everyone's eyes, there is some coding that can be done but it could create all kinds of problems with other drivers & yourself.

Is your car a facelift 08 or older 06-08 headlights as halogens didn't have drl's, only bixenons.

Also if its a newer switch, they have an addition 2 pin connector with 1 power wire which older cars didn't support.

I dont have facelift car sadly. Well, actually i dont want high beams as drl-s, i just tought that on halogen ligths they light up as drl-s, but not as bright.
But last night i activated the scandinavian drl-s. Now i dont need to touch the switch and low beams (or fog lights) are on when i turn ignition on. However, id like to have an option, that when the engine is running, i wanna turn sometimes the lights off too, but with scandinavian drls, i cant and some of the lights are on always (low beams or parking ligths) until i turn ignition off.
I hope u guys understand what i want :) thanks

There is a roller dial on some headlight switches for drl on/off, but as you have manual levelling then this isn't possible, so you maybe need to try using the newer style with drl position on the main switch, but you'd need to check schematics to see if the wiring is supported on older modules.

Ok. I try to find schematics for the switch, so i dont buy the switch and find out, it aint working.
Thanks

Alternatively, I can supply/fit bixenon headlights & wire it all in so you have drl's of a factory switch, costly but great mod :)

That would be the best option, but quite impossible, because i live in Estonia :D

lol, nice trip then, not the 1st time I've travelled to another country to do some retrofits.