s3 epic light on and losing power..

oldcar

Reaction score
Folks, Today coming home from work-my s3 8L,and road was wet, take off from light 1,2 and 3 and all the sudden losing power just like when traction control light is on. But this time throttle response is zero. I can only rev to 1200 rpm and shift up to 5 gear to get a rolling speed-50km/h and managed to get home.
My question is the engine idles fine 900rpm, but thinking could my piston or rod bend??? or snapped???

I am going to see mechanic tommorow, but before that I would like to hear your valuable ideas?

Thanks

...not many cars idle fine with a snapped con rod; even if the 'epic' light is on

Reactions: daz-20vt
thanks Alex...no snapped rod,,,what a relief. I will see if car starts ok tommorow morning...

Popped off an intercooler hose from giving it the beans? That happened to me going round castle Combe with very similar results! :p

Scan it for fault codes... sounds like a torque limit fault... restart engine will sort the immediate issue but can be a number of reasons for this... could be the MAF, could be the throttle pedal...

Scan for codes (my money is on torque monitor 2 exceeded)
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17743/P1335

<tuffty/>

...not many cars idle fine with a snapped con rod; even if the 'epic' light is on

hahaha
mine doesnt have an epic light :(

is it a miss fire or lack of power?

thank you guys, this morning i got up and went to my garage and see if s3 starts....and YES, no EPC light and car revs as normally. Drive to work.....and tested few times with ESP off, and I am happy now...and TUFFY I think you are dead right.